Got the new computer

Jeff Horton

Received the new computer I was asking about. Despite what some thought I researched it and couldn't find a better deal than the Dell Off-Lease computer. I ended up spending a bit more than I first has in mind but the more I looked I decided to go with a bit more POWER.

I finally settled on a Dell D620 Latitude. A 1.7 Ghz. Dual Core processor. 2 Gig of memory, 80 Gig HD. Of course has built in WiFi and I didn't notice this before but it has Blue Tooth radio too. That will be handy for me. I can connect to the Internet through my Blackjack II cell phone by USB cable or Blue Tooth.

The one drawback to this computer was that it didn't come with an OS so I had to install that. No biggie, what I forgot about was that I didn't have all the Dell specific drivers. Of course Dell offers those but it took several hours to figure out their site, download the appropriate ones and get everything working. It would probably be worth the extra cost for that for most people, but I preferred the faster computer over the convenience. I saved all the downloads and will just back them up.

I have not used it much yet but I am amazed at how fast it is. It's smoking!

And it's very light, nice screen. I think I will like it.

I'm glad you like it Jeff. After all, you are paying for it and using it. If you are happy, well, isn't that all that matters? Give us an update in a few months.:type: Inquiring minds want to know!