a new project (table for my nephew)

Dan Noren

Staff member
my nephew tony stopped by our dad's house while i was working on the grandfather clock today. typical visit, checking up on what our dad was up to, and how the grandfather clock was doing. it seems that he, and his brother, along with one of thier friends are going to be renting a house, and he was thinking about buying one of those low japanese style tables. i managed to catch this one before he was parted with his money, and asked him why shouldn't he build it himself, rather than pay through the nose? he asked if i would build it, and i said no, i wouldn't, that he was going to build it, and i would supervise (the whole teach him to fish thing). so, we pretty much agreed on a design that i will do up in sketchup, and we're going lumber shopping next weekend. he's going to be doing all the cutting, joining, mortising & tenoning, sanding, and painting. all the good things. :rofl: i told him that this way, when his friends ask him where he bought it, he can smile and say he made it himself. :thumb: (this adventure is gonna push me up to a whole new favorite uncle status...)