RIDGID LSA - Diligence Pays Off

glenn bradley

The RIDGID LSA is a great selling feature. Actually getting it registered properly is a bit like getting the REBATE you were supposed to get. Unlike the rebate knuckleheads that tell you you forgot to send something and they need new some piece of info or you get no rebate. Stating that you forgot something is their first response no matter what. I am prepared and can send scanned images of exactly what was sent in the first place at a moments notice and I make them stay on the phone to confirm they got it (they REALLY hate this and its so much fun to hear them sigh and whine that htey really have other people to "help"). The rebate magically shows up a few days after I send the exact same info the second time).

The LSA is supposed to take 12 weeks to process. This is very reasonable as it is well within the warranty period. I called at the 14 week mark:

"Hello this is Heather can I help you?"

Hi Heather. I'm calling about my LSA. I haven't received the email that was supposed to show up around now . . .

"Oh, let me see . . . . They haven't processed the January ones yet. It should be along pretty soon".

OK, thanks Heather. Bye-bye.

I called again at the SIX MONTH mark:

"Hello this is Heather can I help you?" (Yep same person).

Hi Heather. I'm calling about my LSA. I haven't received the email that was supposed to show up a couple months ago . . .

"Oh, let me see . . . . They haven't processed the January ones yet. It should be along pretty soon".

At this point I am waiting to hear the beeps and clicks out of this oh-so-polite android, but I just say:

OK, thanks Heather. Bye-bye.

About an hour later, I got the email. Its MAGIC!!!

Last edited:

Lifetime Service Agreement. That's the program the RIDGID offers on the tools that they have licensed TTI to manufacture. In a nutshell, it provides free service or replacement of any normal wear and tear part for as long as the original buyer owns that tool. It even covers the no charge replacement of cordless tool batteries. The tools covered under this program must be registered into the program, it's not automatic. This program is above and beyond their 3 Year Warranty which covers manufacturers defects.