I need to clean my Dust collector more often..

I couldnt wait to buy a dust collector, just to keep some kind of cleanliness around the place.
I bought alot of hoses and attachments to hook up all the machines. It works well.
Man, I really, really hate cleaning the dust collector.
Gotta be one of worst tasks in woodworking.

About 3 weeks ago I get to thinking that the flashing amber light outside my DC closet has never gone off yet and that I should probably do a manual check pretty soon. A couple days later the light starts flashing so I can relax about anything being wrong with my bin sensor and warning light. I only have a 35 gal drum under mine so it wasn't too bad but it still took me a bit of doing to get it emptied out.

Sometimes it seems that it fills by itself overnight. :eek:

Yup, it an the scruge of the WWer... I miss the days when all you had to do was ring the clean-up bell and bark at the students to clean the shop. and the Janitors emptyed the collector.... Brings you down a notch when you have to do it yourself...:eek:

Don't forget to save some for this fall, I store bulbs in DC shavings till spring. works great! :thumb: v Last year I had tossed out my last batch when I realized I needed some for the winter, so I processed a few feet of lumber and collected a fair share for the bulbs.