Sliding dovetail SUCCESS!!

Some of you may remember how I spoiled a side panel of my seven drawer dresser making a sliding dovetail that became too big for the sliding tail.

Following Rob Keeble's advice, which I should have known:( I made some trials after the disaster not to make another one it again, and here is the result.

I got it right at the third attempt, and I must say that it is very easy to get confused with the measurements. So the trick is think thrice, measure twice and cut once, but above all DO NOT RUSH!!!!

I hope to be able to repeat it on the final piece now that I know how how to do it!

Attachments

• calx08.jpg
    calx08.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 129
  • calx10.jpg
    calx10.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 134
Ohhhh La La ...that looks good. :D:thumb: Now Okay you can do the tutorial for the rest of us on how to do it.;)

You definitely are an inspiration Tony.:) In more ways than one.:thumb:

Ohhhh La La ...that looks good. :D:thumb: Now Okay you can do the tutorial for the rest of us on how to do it.;)

You definitely are an inspiration Tony.:) In more ways than one.:thumb:

Thanks guys.

Rob, Are you serious about the tutorial? If I dare I do not accept any responsability for it!:eek::eek:

So am I and I was serious about it Toni....your fans await.:D:thumb:

All right, all right. Let me make it a "proper" tutorial and I'll post it. Curious enough I had to figure it out by myself, I have a book about routers and router techniques and it doesn't say a word about how to do it! and I believe it is one of the ideal jobs for a router!

PS. I do not guarantee the results... (yet):D