The Cowboy and the City Slicker....

Stuart Ablett

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I got this one in the mail today, it just made me laugh and I had to share it :wave:

[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Cowboy and the City Slicker

A cowboy and a City Slicker sitting in an airport next to each other waiting on their plane. The cowboy had been working cattle all week for his brother and was looking to get some sleep during his layover so he pulls his hat down and nods off.

The [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]City Slicker[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] gets bored after about 10 minutes and thinks to himself, "Cowboys are dumb. I'm going to have some fun and get some money off this old man."

So he shakes the cowboy out of his sleep and says,"Hey, old timer let's play a game." The cowboy, uninterested and a little disgruntled says, "No, thanks," without lifting his head and nods back off to sleep.

About five minutes later, the [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]City Slicker[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] just can't stand it and wakes the cowboy again. "Aight here's the game," he explains. "I ask you a question and, if you don't know the answer, you have to give me $5. Then you can ask me a question, and if I don't know the answer I'll give you $500."

The old cowboy perks up and agrees to the rules. "First question," the [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]City Slicker[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] says. "How far is it from Earth to the moon?"

The cowboy thinks to himself for a minute, then shrugs his shoulders and without saying a word, whips out his wallet and peels off a 5-dollar bill and hands it to the lawyer.

The [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]City Slicker[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] snatches it from him with a smirk. "About 221,000 miles at its closest point. Alright your turn," says the [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]City Slicker[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif].

The cowboy thinks for a second and asks,"What goes uphill with four legs and comes down with three?"

The [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]City Slicker[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] looks at him, bewildered, and then puts his chin on his fist and starts thinking. He thinks for about five minutes and then whips out his laptop and starts Googling it. No luck. He calls up all of his Ivy league school buddies and none of them can answer it. The [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]City Slicker[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] finally grumbles as he pulls out his wallet and peels off 5 one-hundred dollar bills and hands them over to the cowboy. The cowboy graciously takes the money with a smile then pulls his hat down to return to his nap.

The [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]City Slicker[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] is not happy, and shakes the cowboy's shoulder. "OK. What does go uphill with four legs and come back down with three?!"

The cowboy thinks to himself for a second, shrugs his shoulders then pulls his wallet back out and hands over another $5.......... :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep, that made me laugh!! [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
$900

A motorist, driving by a ranch, hit and killed a calf that was
crossing the road. The driver went to the owner of the calf and
explained what had happened. He then asked what the animal was
worth.

"Oh, about $200 today," said the rancher. "But in six years it
would have been worth $900. So $900 is what I'm out."

The motorist sat down, wrote out a check, and handing it to the
farmer he said,