Something for the ladies

I got an email from someone who had somehow come acros my website asking if I made crochet hooks. Never one to pass up a challenge I said I'd give it a go and these are the outcome. I got SWMBO to test drive them and she OK'd them. The 'customer' wants soem now and more later along with a way of displaying them.

Ironically the turning is easy enough, getting the hook right takes the time.
Sizes go from 8mm on the left to 3.5mm on the right and they are all 7 1/2" long apart from th 3.5mm one which is 6".

Pete

Last edited:
Looking good! What woods did you use on those? I guess that they need to have a very small and tight grain and be highly polished at least the tips isn't it?

Lookin' very good. :thumb: They would probably sell well at Olde Timey Faires.
BTW, I got pop up ads when viewing your site. Annoying. Howzabout just posting pics instead using the link?

I have the photos on Photobucket and didn't realise that they used pop ups. I have never seen that, sorry. I use it because people can see a larger photo than is possible if posted on here. I'll play round and see if I can do it some other way.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the comments. They aren't that fiddly actually as long as you feed the spindle out in bits and not try and do it all at once. Takes about 30 minutes each.
crochethooks.jpg

That OK or too big?

pete

Pete; you can actually upload your pics directly to this forum from your PC, (within size limits) I invariably forget and post my server ref.