Entertainment Center

Matt Elben

My 2nd attempt to use Google Sketchup. I still have to work on aligning each part, which is tough at times. My measurements are slightly off, which is another thing I need to work on. Sketchup has a little bit of a learning curve, but not too bad.

This is a ET center that I will be building soon.

Attachments

• et systemsm.jpg
    et systemsm.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 42
Matt, welcome and good work. As Dan says, the picture police will be watching. ;)

If you want, I can help you with the alignment and dimension things in SketchUp. I could give you a "live" demo if you want. That might help you get over those hurdles. Drop me a PM if that's of interest.

Dave

Thanks guys.

I'm hoping to build this within the next few weeks. I'm thinkin' I'll use a birch plywood and then stain to taste. I'm not sure what type of hardware I'll put on the drawers, but it'll be something nifty for sure :D

Dave, it was good talking with you also! You really helped me quite a bit.

The only thing I'm trying to remember how to do was cut holes in a component. Stuff like making the holes for doors.

Overall, you shaved a good bit of time off of my design proccess

Matt, the holes I did were done by drawing a circle on the face and then using Push/Pull to push the face of the circle through to the other side. That was in a door frame. If you are just banging out the piece like I did on that cabinet, You can do the same sort of thing. I would use the Offset tool first to create the width of the face frame and then push the inside through to the opposite side.

Glad that short session was helpful.

Remember the Shift key with the Move tool. Very handy.