Altar V 3.0 aproved version

Just my opinion of course, but I liked the original style much better. This one to me just looks Too Busy, ie; too much wood and it kills the style.:dunno:

Just my opinion of course, but I liked the original style much better. This one to me just looks Too Busy, ie; too much wood and it kills the style.:dunno:
I Have to agree with Norman. I liked the first one, especially after the alignment of the legs and top support and the addition of the through mortise on the stretcher.

Don, I like how the negative space on the side panels evokes a cross. (well two, actually)

I wonder if the middle panel under the table would also look better with some sort of cutout in it. Either separate it into two panels with a cross, like on the side panels. Or just cut out some other symbol -- dove, etc.
That would also lighten it up a touch also.

...art

Art I am planning on putting a round communioin host about 6 inches in Dia and 1" thick and a Challis below it on the center panel. I may turn the Chalis then cut it in half to make it 3-D.
Something like this.

Wouldn't that be hidden during services? Many (most?) churches put a cloth over the altar than hangs down covering much of the altar.
If it does show, I would say it is an excellent addition to altar.

Last edited:
Paraments.

I used this word once at church and was asked what it meant. Being the wise guy I am, I responded, "a matched set of ments, of course!":rofl::rofl:

Being as it is a Sunday, I will make a confession. :eek:
When I wrote that post, in my minds eye I saw the cloth (yes, paraments in proper church talk :rolleyes: ) as coming to the floor. Later, in church, I noted they only come a few inches below the altar top. Tells ye how close I pay attention. :eek:

Here's a picture of an altar in the sacristy. I don't have the exact demensions of the sacristy. I just guesed based on the floor plan I was given. It didn't have a scale. I'll find out and adjust accordingly. My plan is to place each piece in it place as they are designed so that I can get a feel for how the whole thing will come together.

Attachments

• Sacristy.jpg
    Sacristy.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 18