Altar V 3.0 aproved version

Fianly got the right thread..

I posted this in the ambo thread so now I'll repost it where it belongs.
The design comittee met with the pastor and the architect and this is what they want it is a combination of the Ver 1 and Ver 2.11. I may play with it a bit to see how it looks with 3" thick material rather then the 2"

Attachments

• Altar 3.jpg
    Altar 3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Altar 3.0.skp
    114.2 KB · Views: 6
I posted this in the ambo thread so now I'll repost it where it belongs.
The design comittee met with the pastor and the architect and this is what they want it is a combination of the Ver 1 and Ver 2.11. I may play with it a bit to see how it looks with 3" thick material rather then the 2"
I think you hit on a good compromise. Nice design.

ask, and ye shall receive...

here's what i would do don, i would keep the sides the same style of construction, narrowing to about 2 feet. then i would eliminate the middle 3 panels in favor of one panel angled at both sides, and bring the sides in to about so the top is about 30 inches, and as repetition kills at times, i would add an alpha and omega (vertically, with alpha on top). you have the body and blood represented nicely in the altar, alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. i would keep the top flat, and build one of those things (i can't remember the name off hand) that you would set a large dictionary on, not attached to the top so it can be moved if needed, and angled for comfortable reading, about 35-40 degrees. i think lectern is the word, but i could be wrong. then i would raise the height of the whole thing to about 45-48 inches (surface of the top). my 2 kopeks worth, hope it helps. :D:thumb:

Dan Thats kinda what I have in mind for 1 design, I'll make several variations but your right in order to keep harmony I'll need to keep the sides and front somewhat the same. I'll post some pics when I get them done. First I gotta get some restoration work out of the shop.