Sandpaper - Small Piece Stash

glenn bradley

I use these rubber sanding blocks and therefor end up with a lot of "ends" that have not yet been used.

Sandpaper-scraps-002.jpg

They all end up in a spot but it seems I am always digging for the one I want.

A trip to the scrap bin and I put this together while waiting to remove clamps from a glue up. Size was dictated mostly by the spot it was going :D.

Sandpaper-scraps-001.jpgSandpaper-scraps-003.jpg

I know, I am pretty pitiful.

do you have any dutch heritage glenn:) pretty thirfty:thumb: iu sed to use those and have since dropped them for that very reason i use a block of wood and tape now. always flat and easy to get and makes 4 piece out of a sheet. and i also use the sponges and just hand sheets.. for the round stuff

I use these rubber sanding blocks and therefor end up with a lot of "ends" that have not yet been used.

View attachment 34667...

Where does the DC hook up to that sander? :p

Sometimes the little scrap bin projects result in the some of the handiest shop accessories. (Although the mere fact that you had pegboard scraps that small indicates that yes, you are pitiful.) :p I had some scraps pieces of pegboard that I finally tossed a while back. I was looking at one piece thinking "Oh yeah, that'll be real handy one of these days when I want to hang a single screwdriver or end wrench." :rofl:

LOL... Some things I do and many more that I think of fit the same model as you sandpaper storage system...

Well, I guess a very small piece if sandpaper is the absolute right thing some times!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Dont feel bad Glenn, I will join you in the hoarder category. I was brought up with the motto "waste not want not" trouble is no one told me how much space the hoarding would take.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

However...every July I do make a run to the local dump with the trailer to toss out all the really unusable stuff.:D

Where does the DC hook up to that sander? :p

Sometimes the little scrap bin projects result in the some of the handiest shop accessories. (Although the mere fact that you had pegboard scraps that small indicates that yes, you are pitiful.) :p I had some scraps pieces of pegboard that I finally tossed a while back. I was looking at one piece thinking "Oh yeah, that'll be real handy one of these days when I want to hang a single screwdriver or end wrench." :rofl:

The DC port is on the bottom where the dust is generated of course.

The pegboard I keep around for anytime I need a piece of something "about" 1/8" thick so I have various seemingly useless scraps :D. I could just blame my dad as he gave me a dozen 2' x 4' pieces once upon a time. I've used pieces of it for dividers, for a laminate on the top surface of clamp racks, as skid plates in cubbys where other items are slid in and out. I have even used it as pegboard on at least 3 occasions :rofl:.

glenn, your organization in your shop is probably unmatched by more than a handful.
btw, I love my rubber sanding block, and I never have leftovers?
I cut them and get 3 perfect fits per sheet.
Looks like the same block I have, with the little pins inside that grab the paper.