Small Bandsaw DC Improvement

glenn bradley

We get threads on this now and again. The man in brown brought me a piece of rigid flex hose (free shipping from LV) so I finished this off.

I keep some misc. parts around for such things but the hose was what I needed.

BS DC 001.jpgBS DC 002.jpg

Just getting the hose in the general area underneath seems to do the trick.

BS DC 003.jpg

Drilled some holes in the throat plate which helps quite a bit. This is the original 1970 plate. I need to replace this with a ZCI (and then drill holes in it). :thumb:

BS DC 004.jpg

This little guy stands in a row with my spindle sander and a couple of DPs. They all trigger the vac and I just move the hose (lower left of first pic) from one to the other as required.

Looks good, Glenn. Where does the lower hose attach? Is it coming into the bottom of the lower wheel housing?

Great idea the holes there Glenn. Not sure it would work for me on my Delta 14" the plate is very small. Is there any particular reason you hook these machines up to a vacuum rather than your DC?

Where does the lower hose attach? Is it coming into the bottom of the lower wheel housing?

Correct. The 1970's Delta has an open bottom in the cast frame shape and the stand has a rectangular opening as well. It's an odd little saw with a cast frame and table, plastic-composite wheels and fiberglass covers.

I cut a hole in a scrap of 1/2" ply to fit the pipe attached it from below the stand frame. If it hadn't had an opening already I would've cut a hole and attached something to the lower rear area of the cover.

Last edited:
Great idea the holes there Glenn. Not sure it would work for me on my Delta 14" the plate is very small. Is there any particular reason you hook these machines up to a vacuum rather than your DC?

The DPs and small sanders get better pickup with the high velocity of the vac (I do the same on the CMS but it doesn't get used much). The small BS just happened to stand in the same line so in his case, it was convenience. The 17" gets a similar treatment but is on the cyclone.

Attachments

• BS-DC.jpg
    BS-DC.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited: