All this talk of Urns Whats on your bucket list

Rob Keeble

Well Rennie I got to thinking after you mentioned the movie in your thread and did not want to hi jack it but that movie "Bucket List" was quiet powerful.

Made me wonder who and how many of ye all have a bucket list and whats on it.

Hey is I ever win that Lotto i might make one of them come true

So go on guys list your bucket list.

Here is mine

1) Build a cedar strip Canoe
2) Build a real log cabin on my own land thats fully paid for and far far away from an NN's
3) Go fishing in Alaska for halibut and salmon
4) Bone fishing with a fly line on the flats in Florida and Tarpon fishing with a fly rod.
5)See the Taj Mahal in India
6)Visit the Pyramids in Egypt
7) Take loml to Paris for a Romantic dinner cruise down the Seine
8) Go barging in France through the country side.
9) By or build my own CNC machine and learn to programming all over again.
10) Conquer sketchup

Oh the list goes on and on

Whats yours?

Somewhere in there is finish my dust collection system.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've had, and am still having, an active life.
Some items on my 'list' won't happen.
e.g. get elected a U.S. Senator.
Go grizzly bear hunting in Alaska with a muzzle loader.

Not much more. I could wish for wealth. Heck, I do that all the time 'wish' for wealth.
Just hope to stay healthy and spend time with family.
Could hope for a new truck. Wouldn't mind having a new ATV. Have never owned a boat. That's almost a sin where I live, between two big lakes, near three famous rivers. Oh, well.

Rob,
I'll give it some thought... however, off the top of my head here are a few...

• Have my own photo studio.
  • Convert a coach into an RV
  • Travel across the US & Canada in the coach with my wife.
  • Finish my Shop.
  • Move to VA to be closer to my parents (to care for them as needed)

Id like to see my kids happily married and a some grandchildren so I can build them some furniture that they will always remember grandpa made them when they were little.
Im not looking for much else in this lifetime.
(maybe a larger woodworking area, but Im ok with what I got now)

only one thing.........get this family court stuff over so i can see my son more than 6hrs per week.
woodworkin`-n- wrenchin` can be done anytime:eek:

sorry for snivlin`

I've been asked that question several times and I can't come up with anything. I've lived an interesting life and enjoyed almost all of it. I don't feel I missed anything that I could do now.

I wish I had been able to spend one year of college in France (especially Paris) when I was in school so that my French would be better, but that's time gone past.

Mike

Here is mine

1) Build a cedar strip Canoe
2) Build a real log cabin on my own land thats fully paid for and far far away from an NN's
3) Go fishing in Alaska for halibut and salmon
4) Bone fishing with a fly line on the flats in Florida and Tarpon fishing with a fly rod.
5)See the Taj Mahal in India
6)Visit the Pyramids in Egypt
7) Take loml to Paris for a Romantic dinner cruise down the Seine
8) Go barging in France through the country side.
9) By or build my own CNC machine and learn to programming all over again.
10) Conquer sketchup

Where is traveling and sleeping in an RV for two weeks with bunch of other fella's that have a strong propensity toward flatulence? I think you forgot to list that one.

So I will answer to each post so far some thoughts

Rennie my popcorn is getting cold, it does not have to be the perfect list you will find like I have that as others post you will be adding because at our age, the memory cannot recall all the desires.:)

Frank, hey i think you stand a chance with that Senator thing. Election time is coming around for these guys sooner than you think and I am not sure they will all be there next time round.:D

Can i add one of yours to my list, that Grizzly hunting with a muzzeloader has to be one. Along with Duck hunting, also simply building a Kentucky rifle from a kit with all the trimmings, oh and i am forgetting i would really like to get to one of these rendevouzs.

Ned I dont know how i forgot the RV thing. But i dont want to build one just get in and go. But i then enter the world of fishing and there are so many rivers to stop at and fish.

Allen thats a very good point ...kids married and grandchildren mean more projects that hopefully will be appreciated over the Ikea kit. So another for the list.

Todd I sympathize with you it must be tough, can only say keep the spirits high and think of events after that when you can take him fishun.

Mike, I would have hoped being a teacher would be on your list. Hey i would not mind being a pupil. I think you have lots to pass on to those that will listen and pay attention. You remind me of one of my best mentors.

Oh Bill you cheating its supposed to be your bucket list, and by the way i am taking for granted i am going to be around for that trip its not that far off. This other stuff is a ways off not sure i will make it but I certainly hope to, especially the log cabin and canoe.

So come on those of you who have not posted give your list a go and help shake up some other thoughts for the rest of us.

Its the dreams that keep us going. Anything is possible if you believe it is.:thumb:

OK Rob, here's a start on my list. I reserve the right to add on as things come to me.:D

• Stand on the rim of the Grand Canyon
  • Ride the Durango and Silverton
  • Stay in the Grand Hotel
  • Complete just one woodworking project that does not have a blood stain on it.:eek:
  • Finish all of the dozens of projects I have going in the house.
  • to be continued...

Hey Rennie that Canyon thing is an absolute must. Dont wait, take loyl to it now. To me it was spirtual to stand there. I actually had to sit cause my brain took away my motor functions cause it was so busy processing everything. Oh boy thats a really worth while item.
Grand_Canyon_231.jpg This is just to remind you and tease your eyes. I did not take it comes off the web.:)

Ok I have to admit you got me with the Durango and Silverton unless they are the pickups that you are refering to. In that category I should add to my list, get my first (sorry ) Ford pickup. I wanted one of those desperately when i bought my last car, Loml said no good for my image with clients so settled for a Jeep but made sure it had a Hemi.:D

Grand Hotel ...??? you got me. That has to be a local place or sumthung.

Ahhh blood on the project ..yup that one i can only agree with you on and i guess everyone on the forum would like to add that one to their list.:rofl:

I dont think i can hope to get my projects done good luck to you. If Mike Henderson keeps posting, my in tray will keep growing at a faster rate than i am knocking them off. Then there is all the turning projects that keep coming up and ohhhhh. So you can have that one on your list on your own. I want to enjoy my list never mind how far I get.:D;)

Great start of a list. Keep it updated and add to it. Makes one live longer.
My Dad (92) keeps telling me he has no time to chat on the phone :rofl::rofl: has too much to do. Been that way for all the time i have known him. Only person i know who tells visitors to leave cause he has things to do and is behind on his work. Writes dozens of letters and emails every week. Think hes a shareholder in the post office. :rofl:

Last edited:
Hey Rob, I added some helpers and another item.

• Stand on the rim of the Grand Canyon
  • Ride the Durango and Silverton
  • Stay in the Grand Hotel
  • Complete just one woodworking project that does not have a blood stain on it.:eek:
  • Finish all of the dozens of projects I have going in the house.
  • Furnish my entire home with furniture I built myself
  • Go to New Zealand and visit the site at which The Lord of the Rings was filmed.
  • to be continued...

Last edited:

Fellow I know at church has been there a few times... No he isn't rich. His daughter worked there for a few years in hotel management, so he got the family rate. :thumb:

I wrestle with the concept of a bucket list, since so much of it seems like I'm being selfish. Not to mention that I know I can't do everything I want! :dunno:

Still... Some things my wife and I have talked about:

- Spend a month exploring New Zealand (seems a bit more manageable than Oz, though I wouldn't say no if someone offered me a trip snorkelling the Great Barrier reef...)

- After doing a 2 week bike trip last summer I'd like to someday do a bike trip from coast to coast. But I need to wait at least 13 years for all the kids to be out of the house for that one.

- Caribbean trip. (we're actually kinda planning this one ... 20th anniversary is coming up in 2011)

- see all my kids grow up and move out of the house -- and never ever move back because they've all married well and found fulfilling jobs. :clap:

- walk on the moon. (don't think I'll manage that one. :p )

Rennie the Silverton trail is a cool ride. And just up the road from Durango is Valsita Lake , great pike fishing and trout.

Bucket list, on the wim:
bear hunt in quebec Canada
Elk hunt in Colorado
dove shoot in Argentina
Visit New Zeland
Take a trip to Korea ; I served 13 months there
See my 3 boys married and get to hunt with grand sons.
Hunt for Osseolias in Fla.
Get a job order from the White House
By a farm in Ky to retire on.

OK, I'll bite here's my wish list.

* Get my Dad & FIL cancer free.
* Move out of this POS State I live in I'm tired of only seeing concrete. then
get a bigger house with a nice large shop for me.:D
* Ned a lot more tools I got hardly anything. :(
* Win Lottery so I can tell the USPS to KMA I QUIT. :D
* Take my wife & SIL on a 3 month long vacation to all the exotic places we
want to go.
* Take some one on one classes with Bill G & Jimmy Clews. :D