maple armoire

Chris Mire

i built this last week. first time i have every tried doors like this. the client wanted something that looked like an antique. and since i couldn't do the complicated curved crown top he wanted, i wanted the doors to make a statement. hopefully he likes it, i deliver today. he is going to paint it

soft maple with 3/4 ply for shelves. feet were purchased from van dykes, hinges are 270 degree to allow doors to fold flat. i actually need to add 2
more.

DSC_2651.JPG

DSC_2652.JPG

DSC_2653.JPG

thanks for looking
chris

As a hobbyist, who works in spare time, amongst the other distractions of a family of four young kids....

I can't get past the first sentence in Chris' original post. :eek::eek::eek:

Sigh.

...art

ps: nice work Chris.

As a hobbyist, who works in spare time, amongst the other distractions of a family of four young kids....

Sigh.

...art

Agreed.:(:rofl:

Really nice work and I don't think I've seen a rail and stile treatment like that before. Love it.

thanks for all the comments. i agree i wish it wasn't going to be painted.

i just got back from delivery and he loved it. so that made me happy. all in all it was a great project because it allowed me to try something different and realize i can do some things I thought i couldn't as long as i take my time and think things thru first

chris

Sigh.

...art

Same here, and I have no job or kids to distract me. :rolleyes:

Great work, Chris. :clap: I like the unique door profiles.