Are tools gloats allowed?

I'm not sure where or if tool pre-gloats are allowed........So I don't know if it's okay to tell you that my MIL generously gave me a nice sum of money and I just used it to order a complete Jamieson hollowing rig, including laser and scraper blade and how-to video. Is this allowed and if so where do I post it?

No....My wife is the only girl....she has no sisters....

nice score ken! but i see potential issues......you`ll have the ability to hollow "big" grumbine sized pieces soooooo, before you know it mr. oneway will be knockin`;) ....
congratulations on the new rig! tod

Tod .....If things go well....it'll be a PM 3520B this fall.........Oh...BTW......My wife knows about your involvement and Vaughn's involvement in my new EXPENSIVE hobby......You guys might want to be looking over your shoulders.....She shoots a scoped rifle quite well even if she was age 40 before she ever shot one..........:rolleyes: ;)

Actually Ken, I think tool gloats are encouraged. (Providing there's photographic proof ;)) It allows the rest of us who are financially challenged to live vicariously though the posts. :D

John

John.......I'll post photos when it's delivered! I just ordered it this morning. The only reason I was able to get this is because my MIL gave me an extemely generous Christmas gift! And since I got into turning about 11 months ago.....I UNDERSTAND financial challenges! Wasn't a problem before .....

Of course tool pre-gloats are allowed. ;) Congrats on the upcoming new hollowing rig. (I've got a rig on order, too, and my MIL is paying for about half of it.)

I wish I was also getting the PM 3520 to go with it (and I'd wait for fall too, if that's what it would take to get one). :p

Heck yeah they are allowed Ken...Very nice of your MIL to give you such a generous gift. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll be turning with your new gloat....we'll waive the pics verification for a bit, just be sure we see them as soon as it gets delivered.

Last edited:
Congrats Ken!

And for those playing along at home, this is the difference between a MIL (what Ken is blessed with) and a MILFH which I'm saddled with :D

I mean, you MIL you money......:bonkers:

Sorry.......that does not compute........... :rolleyes:

Pics please when you get it, as you may know, I'm looking to build one, and need all the ideas I can get! :thumb:

Cheers!

Tod .....If things go well....it'll be a PM 3520B this fall.........Oh...BTW......My wife knows about your involvement and Vaughn's involvement in my new EXPENSIVE hobby......You guys might want to be looking over your shoulders.....She shoots a scoped rifle quite well even if she was age 40 before she ever shot one..........:rolleyes: ;)

:rofl: I seem to recall saying there was mustard in your future.:thumb: :D