What R UR Week end plans

Don Baer

Staff member
It's Friday, the end of another week. So What ya got going on this week end. I'll be in the shop trying to get caught up on restorations , so I can create enough space so that I can enlarge the shop. I'll need the space when I start on the commision.

So are all yall goinna do this weekend.

Tomorrow I go to Missouri for my granddaughter's birthday. I'll stay over and Sunday afternoon pick up my wife and her friend at Springfield airport. This will be the end of their annual high school reunion vacation and my opportunity to clean out the freezers at home.

Tonight I go to the country to a friends farm for a few cold ones while my daughter gets to know a new miniture horse and a burrow....

Tomorrow I will be helping my dad insulate and put up OSB on 1/3 of his new shop interior...hope it doesn't get to hot!

Hope to get some shop time Sunday to turn, turn and turn some more. It's been awhile for me.

Work Saturday, of course, then late Saturday night, I'm heading down to Zushi to meet up with my wife and kids at our friends place on the beach. The girls will head down by train on Saturday morning. On Sunday we are going to BBQ and have some fun, even though it is supposed to rain :dunno:

We are staying with my in-laws for a month or so til we find a new place. So I'm starting on the MIL's 3 page to-do list and hopefully getting the FIL's shop picked up and ready to do some woodworking soon.

Tomorrow is my middle daughter's 4th birthday party. With about 40 family and friends showing up and 90 degree temps I am getting ahead of the game by BBQing some pig for pulled pork. I'll cook it today and serve it out of a crock pot tomorrow.

It started out as 30 pounds of untrimmed bone-in pork shoulder. I trimmed it and put the rub on yesterday. Now for 10 or so hours of low and slow in the offset BBQ (and some garlic brats for snackage.)

bbq.com.jpg

Looks like I'll be doing chores around the house on Saturday, since Sunday my BIL is coming back over to (watch me) work on Viking furniture all day. He's also taking Monday off work so he can be here an extra day to help (watch).

In other words, I'm not doing anything this weekend that I want to do. :rolleyes:

I was barely able to get any evening shop time this week as work has been quite busy. I plan to get up early tomorrow and hit it hard before the day heats up ;-)

i'll be building my third bench, and the mobile platform for the big lathe from the reclaimed lumber from the landlord's late garage. no, i'm not being environmentally friendly, just cheap, as the lumber was free. :thumb:probably working on small stuff, and if the weather holds, final sanding of the grandfather clock. not to mention a nice, 12 hr slow cooked bbq brisket for sunday dinner. :D

Me, I am finishing up a combined "secret project" that I promise to post soon and tomarrow I get to be with my son and all his and my friends for his bachelor party as only 1 week left to the big day :D Sunday, well we will see how sunday works out:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Getting my boat to run so I can sell it.
Putting rails on my daughter's rear deck.
Delivering Granddaughter's Dresser (Ma Maw bought one)
Putting a floor on my Grandson's "Fort Jared"
Resawing and planing 1/8" x 6" x 32" planks for laminations on old Model T
Solving world problem at a social gathering with friends and Beer.

Just a Normal Weekend here where Old Guys Rule :thumb:

Saturday is another day at the K'ville Farmer's Market.. setting up by 0900 and down at 1400...
Sunday will be trying the Chattanooga Market... set up there is about 1000 and down at 1600..
50 miles north on Saturday, 50 miles south on Sunday....