Carpel Tunnel Syndrom anybody have it?

You know, I do that with my hands at night, I end up sleeping on them and I wake up and they hurt!

I found this >> video series <<

Videos are easier to follow (for me at least) than reading some long page about it.

This lady seems to know what she is talking about, her credentials are below the video.

I'm going to see if I can find some of those splint things here in Japan.

Cheers!

You know, I do that with my hands at night, I end up sleeping on them and I wake up and they hurt!

I found this >> video series <<

Videos are easier to follow (for me at least) than reading some long page about it.

This lady seems to know what she is talking about, her credentials are below the video.

I'm going to see if I can find some of those splint things here in Japan.

Cheers!

Could you hear what she was saying????? I had my computer volume turned fully up and could hear that she was talking but so low that I could not understand one word. Most videos have a volume control in them also, but I didn't see one on these, or is it pictured differently?

I've had both hands done. The Surgeon said the nerve was almost white because of the limited blood flow. If I held off any longer, the nerve would have been beyond hope. They deadened the arm both times and I was awake for both hands. It worked great for me. No pain and I can still feel/hold onto things. I guess the longer you wait, the worse the results would be.

Getting back to this subject, I wanted to report that I bought these >>Futuro Night Sleep Support <<
ames-walker_2073_97580736

$25 each, and I report that the first morning after using them, I woke up with no pain in my hands, which showed me just how much my hands actually hurt, because I did not realize that my hands actually hurt so much, until the pain was removed :eek:

These work well, they feel a bit strange when you first put them on, they are certainly well made, soft etc, but there is this bean bag thing that fits in your palm, and at first it felt odd, but within 5 minutes if was not strange at all, and I slept very well. I would highly recommend them.

FYI! :wave:

So...did you have surgery or are you using the braces? If your using the braces, how is it working?

Getting back to this subject, I wanted to report that I bought these >>Futuro Night Sleep Support <<

$25 each, and I report that the first morning after using them, I woke up with no pain in my hands, which showed me just how much my hands actually hurt, because I did not realize that my hands actually hurt so much, until the pain was removed :eek:

These work well, they feel a bit strange when you first put them on, they are certainly well made, soft etc, but there is this bean bag thing that fits in your palm, and at first it felt odd, but within 5 minutes if was not strange at all, and I slept very well. I would highly recommend them.

Thanks Stu, those look more comfortable than the ones I'm using that have an aluminium plinth embeded, although they work well enough.
I may give a try to those when I renew them.

I wear something similar when I drive... I have more trouble with the numbness in my driving hand (I tend to drive with my left hand only).. on long trips.. about anything over an hour, my hand will be so numb I can hardly feel the steering wheel..... but haven't tried to sleep in one even though the doctor suggested it...
I notice the past couple of nights my right hand has also gotten numb during the night... might be because after my surgery, when I roll over on the side.. right or left, I take the opposite hand and kinda tuck it under the belly to hold it a little.... that bends the wrist at about 70-90 degrees and after a while the hand gets numb.

So...did you have surgery or are you using the braces? If your using the braces, how is it working?

Me?

no surgery, it is not nearly that bad, I'm trying to keep away from going under the knife!

These have helped a LOT:thumb:

Thanks Stu, those look more comfortable than the ones I'm using that have an aluminium plinth embeded, although they work well enough.
I may give a try to those when I renew them.

Mine have an aluminum piece in them as well, but they sure are comfortable to wear, while sleeping, but you can't really wear them during the day, as you hand become soft clubs :rolleyes: :D

Saw the doc today and he says what I have is cupital tunnel syndrom. He said it like carpel tunnerl but it effect the pinkey and ring finger most. Said to continue using the brace and gave me somemore excercises to do.
He said if it doesn't improve he'll set me up with a physical theapist who specualises in hamnds.