Flip Your Benchtop Tools Down and Out of the Way

Bill Satko

That is the grabber title from the Fine Woodworking tool review. In the latest issue (just out) they give a guick look at this pivoting bracket that allows you to rotate any tool you attach to it, off the top of the bench to under the bench top. They show a grinder attached to it. Looks very interesting. Check it out: Link

Last edited:
Interesting. Stu built a platform for his Machinist Vise (which I might copy) but this might work for that application.

On their Web site they show it being used for some heavy-duty tools:

BSM031108%20008.jpg

BSM031108%20010.jpg

Video Here

I forgot to add: Thank you for posting this Bill!

Last edited:
I was intrigued by those a while back but at $100 a pop I went another direction. Very cool idea and quite well made. I saw them at a Woodcraft but I don't see them listed anymore online . . . . Maybe it was Rockler(?). I notice they show a vise on one . . . that's not really gonna be workable on the unit I saw. Any twisting-like torque would not be good. A pretty hefty grinder on the demo install slid out and up pretty well though. Definitely usable.

Last edited:
Well, well, well.

I used the Web site to ask a question about the stability of tools mounted to the mounting plate, in that they would have the bolt heads against the workbench top when flipped up.

Got a reply a few minutes later.

On my mounting plate for the Bench Slide Mount, I used carriage bolts to mount my bench tools to the mounting plate. I have no problem with stability when the tool is in the up position on my bench. The carriage bolts act like little feet to hold everything in place and leave no marks on my bench.

My tools have been mounted on the Bench Slide Mount for 5 years and I have never had a problem with stability when the tools are in use or not in use.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me.
Frank Graham
Inventor