Cooling the Shop

Well my Saturday was spent installing a bigger A/C unit. The first one I had (4500 btu) worked well when cooling just the clockshop side as I have about R41 valve in my walls and R 36 in the attic but when I started turning the woodshop side was always hot mainly because of the garage door and it faced south plus it was brown. So you can guess it radiated the heat. Well I took some 1 1/2" styrofoam and insulated the panels. Then today I installed a 10,500 btu unit and it is going to be nice in there. In 25 minutes it had cooled it from 82* down to 73*. I am looking forward to turning without sweat running in my eyes from the headband of my face shield. Thought I would put a little molding around it to make it look nice. Well ok those were my instructions from the LOML to make it look nice.;):rolleyes::D

Attachments

• AC Shop 2.jpg
    AC Shop 2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 21
  • AC Shop 3.jpg
    AC Shop 3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 18
Bernie,
I'm just a little jealous... I work in a 12 x 24 all metal building.. closest to insulation is the walls are all finished with peg board for hanging tools. I just parked it under a few shade trees... only cooling I get are from opening the windows and door, then running a 20" box fan.... it'll get as much as 90 in the shop, but as long as I can stir the air the heat actually doesn't bother me much, not that I wouldn't like it a little cooler sometimes..... I have more trouble with the cold than heat.