Alternative design for Mission style Chairs

Don Baer

Staff member
In getting opinions from variouis folks about the chairs I have designd for the church commission someone mentioned that the chairs I designed are nice but the don't incorporate the over all theme so I came up with an alternate design. I figure I'll let the customer decide. Here's what I have come up with. alond with the original design. As always you comment are welcome.

Attachments

• chair 2.jpg
    chair 2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Chair.jpg
    Chair.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I gave him 3 Lecturn (ambo ) designs, yours and two others, both sets of chair designs and a couple of the overall pictures with all of the pieces in place this morning. He gave me the demensions for the altar stone which he has ordered and said he'll be showing everything to the design comittee. He's going on vacation but said that he'll order the corpus for the cross when he gets back. I figure that I'll have everything finalised by early Sept. and be able to start on building these peices sometime that next month. As soon as the comittee decides on the final design I'll post what it will all look like.
I am working on the construction prints for the cross, since it will be suspended from the ceiling I have decided to make it hollow out of 8/4 oak to try to save some weight.

Last edited:
Thanks for the overall picture Don. I'll stay with my decision, I like the one on the left. Don't get me wrong, the one on the right is a neat design, and looks to be harder to build, But in keeping with a church setting, I think the more conservative design would fit better overall.
Now, when you make some of the other ones for your wife, I want to see a picture or ten!!! Jim.