The wurkweek is almost over, so whatr yur weedend plans

I may try to tackle doing a Frankenmower. I have 2 hand me down Craftsman riding mowers, the newer and better (mechanical wise) doesn't have a mowing deck, and the 2 are not compatible. Will have to swap the lift mechanisms and the front axles to make it work.
Oh, and we put off going out to eat for our Anniversary until this weekend, so it's Uncle Julio's!! May be too stuffed still on Sunday to mess with the mowers if I don't get through Saturday!!!:thumb: Jim.

working on the grandfather clock, making a couple of the wine bottle holders, finishing the prototype of the holder for my sister's bday tomorrow, and getting into general mischief... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

SOSO mostly - all the grandkids are out of town so MAYBE I can grab a few minutes in the shop. Its been weeks since I've done anything out there so all I'd be able to do is clean.:(

Work shop and yard york on Saturday. Mt granddaughter who is 3 wants a wooden stick pony to ride around the yard on. So grandpa will spend a few minutes cranking one out for her. She is only 3 and loves to watch me cut wood and make noise. I give her some sand paper and it keeps her buys for quite some time.
Sunday the tall ships are in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. One of my daughters has a house on the Piscataqua River in Portsmouth Harbor. Se is having a family BBQ and it is just a short walk to see the ships. It's kind of cool, across the river is Bath, Maine where the US Navy shipbuilding yard is. The Tall ships have to pass by the new destroyers being built. Nice photo opp.

I need to make a fixture for the CNC Router. I will be making 10 retirement desk sets. I will cut a pocket with raised letters of the company logo. The desk sets are mahogany, and the pocket the letters are in will be hunter green.

I also need to make a vacuum chuck to hold 1/16 thin 2"x3" brass plates so I can engrave the retirees name and years of service. Really the plates are laminated plastic - brushed brass look on face with black core. I use a .005 diameter tool to cut the plates.

Ohhhh - and I have a box full of pen blanks to sort through, then mail out.

Probably some shop time on Saturday, between getting a voucher to spay the cat and attending the neighbor's fund raiser... He was shot and killed a couple of weeks ago and this weekend his friends are having a fund raiser to raise money for a head stone and maybe something left over for the young widow. Sunday another day at the Farmers Market in Chattanooga.

work,:( a ten day stretch with sunday off in between.
I might squeeze in some sanding time tomorrow night, got out there tonight, just too humid and hot. Im so close to sticking a 99 dollar unit in the window and shutting the overhead door so I can work in a AC'ed shop. I just dont think Id have the power to supply the AC and the shop tools.(yet)

Ok .............. I did the whole pile today 'cause it's 'sposed to rain tomorrow, and I have to work anyway....

Honey Locust - this is absolutely gorgeous wood! It has weight and hardness, but cuts smoothly like Maple on the mill. It has short fleck rays like Beech, but wide growth rings and fibres like Elm. It cuts hard on the flat, but gets much easier on the rift, and like butter on the quarter. My mill had a little brain fart on the last cant and tried to spit the cant out the side of the mill, so I brought home the deformed board and ran it across the jointer and thru' the planer.....pictures to follow.

cheers eh?

John

John,
If your Honey Locust is like my Honey locust, how did you deal with the 4 to 6 inch thorns growing out of the trunks?
My trees were only about 6 to 8 inchs and the thorns were only little ones at 4 inches... but I can't kill the d--- roots... I've poisoned the tree, cut it as close to the ground as I could, drilled holes in the stumps and poured stump killer and diesel and what ever else I could think of... the stumps still sprout every spring all over my back yard.

But the stuff turns great and makes some beautiful pieces... really nice wood.

This weekend is a Fine Arts Show. They have asked me to show. Couldn't last year. Had something else goin' on.

Have spent the last two weeks making inventory. Now I am completing two final pieces.

Hope I have to work next week to replace sold inventory.

Bruce