G0440 Cyclone at 7 Months

glenn bradley

I got the cyclone up and running in the early part of January this year. I have emptied the collection barrel so many times I have lost count. I run the filter brush up and down a couple times every month or so(?). I took the small bag below the filter off to "empty" for the first time this morning . . .

Attachments

• filter bag 1st change-1.jpg
    filter bag 1st change-1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 54
  • filter bag 1st change-2.jpg
    filter bag 1st change-2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 55
Yep, I get about the same if not better, I have a very small jar, like from expensive Jam or something, it is less than an 1/8th full of very fine talc like dust from my filters, in something close to three years!:thumb:

Well designed cyclones work great! :D

Looks good, Glenn. I had serious plans to get a Grizzly cyclone at one time, but decided to try this idea first. I haven't emptied it since...well...never.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob...good chuckle. No close-by neighbors here. When I lived in Fountain Valley, CA, it might not have worked so well...but I didn't have a shop back then. I also didn't have a tractor with a blade on it for pushing snow around, so I guess everything's a trade. If I could lose the snow and keep the rest it would be a no-brainer.

Glenn...

I guess we were typing at the same time. Had I done this in Fountain Valley I'd probably be cleaning Tom's pool every day.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but a question for you. I noticed that you use Woodpecker's PRL. I have one of those, too, and am more than pleased with it. I see they have an updated version, with a wheel for quicker height adjustment that looks interesting. Being a believer in "if it ain't broke..." I'm hesitant to give it much consideration, but just wondered if you'd seen it and have any thoughts.

Sorry about that. Back to dust collection. blek.

Cheers.