Cellar door finished, 1st installment.

:eek: Did I read that last post correctly. They got this door for nothing. :eek:

Toni this is one fine door. Sorry somehow i am late to this thread. I was glad you showed the detail of the inserts I was having difficulty imagining the cut out near the tongue and groove edge. As Vaughn said all those details the little carving out on the edge of the inserts just sets it off.

I can only say what i keep hoping in Stus posts on the Aparto. That is that the owner appreciates the craftsmanship and the value of the quality of the work. And to take the trouble to incorporate the old lock i think is fantastic.

Now can i place my order for wine???:rofl::rofl:

Oh and you brought a sad memory back to life when i saw your Metabo hammer drill in the one picture. I had one like that in South Africa, it was 220v and I never thought to use it here with a transformer. Sadly I parted with it for peanuts. Its a great tool dont see much of them over here in Canada. But with a wooden house contruction there is not much need for a hammer drill i find.

Good work Toni thanks for posting the whole thing. :thumb:

Please tell us the new owner of the door appreciates it at least a little.

:
Please tell us the new owner of the door appreciates it at least a little.

Thanks for your comments Rob, I was missing you around here:) I'm glad you're back and safe from your trip.

As per the owner, he was really amazed because he admited that he wasn't sure about how everything would come out, and once he saw the door installed his jaw drop to the floor ( almost literally).

And after that, having most of the people of the town coming to admire "HIS" door was the summum.
There is another door to be done, the one you see on the right hand side. But that is another story that hasn't been written yet ...:)