Ten Pens

Steve Ash

The other day I mentioned I had a friend who wanted 10 pens....and Stu requested pictures.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1416

I got them finished up just a few minutes ago and I'll send them to my banker friend tomorrow.

Brazillian Kingwood, African Paduak, Jatoba, and one other I can't pronounce.:huh:

Finished to 12000 grit and wax finished.

Attachments

• 100_2941.jpg
    100_2941.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_2942.jpg
    100_2942.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 46
Stu, it was fun all right.... I was out in the shop with the classic rock tunes a blaring...nothing like turning to the tunes of ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, Boston etc.....and getting paid is the bonus!

Nice job, Steve. Kingwood is one of my favorite pen-turning woods. Nice color and figure, and polishes up to a very smooth finish. You're like me - must have tunes in the shop. Of course, I can't always hear the music with power tools running. That's where our neanderthal collegues have an edge on us. :D

Cheers,

Kevin

Stu, it was fun all right.... I was out in the shop with the classic rock tunes a blaring...nothing like turning to the tunes of ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, Boston etc.....and getting paid is the bonus!

Ted is my idol and La Grange is on my desert island list!

Nice job on the pens. Looks like they all turned out w/o any failures.

Thanks George, actually I had two failures. Luckily I made a dozen when the guy wanted 10 so I was covered. My wife usually claims stuff as it comes in the house and I was prepared to give her the other two.

I have instructed my wife that when I die, I want Ted Nugent's song "Fred Bear" to be played at my funeral.

Love to hear Stranglehold too, one of my favorites.