Shelf pin jig?

Al killian

I know I have seen this, but it has slipped my mined(whats left that is:D). I am building to bookcases and have a few more lined up aftet that. I plane on makeing a jig to use the router. Plans are to use 1/4" ply and space the holes1.5" apart? and have it set for 1" back from the edge or 1-1/2" from the edge and 9" from the top and bottom. What size collar should I use for the router? If I am using 1/4" pins, would 3/8" or 7/16" work?

drill holes to accept what ever quide bushing you want to use and then space your holes that distance apart that you want the 1.5" and drill your 3/8 or 7/16 hole on that spacing put it in the middle of a ply piece ad you can move the offest where you want it...

I made some shelves for my wife a few years ago. Had never heard of a jig for the shelf pins (I actually used cut off pieces of 1/4" dowel) or [until today] Vix bits.
I drew a pencil line along a steel rule the distance away from the edge I wanted then marked the spacing with a pair of dividers and drilled. Worked.
Sometime later a friend, who is a top level furniture maker, came over and almost had a kanipshin fit when I told him how I did it. He said, "You can't do that you need a template jig." I said, "Oh."
However, I would like to see how those Vix thingys work.