Happy Birthday Don Baer!

happy birthday don,, hope yu arent working to hard today..take off early and enjoy being old:)
Yes Larry I believe I will. I was out here working a 7:00 AM so I guess I can work only half day today..;):D:rofl:

Thanks everyone. You know when I was younger I thought I would be collecting SS when I turned 62 but with the economy and my 402 k having shrunk to a 101K I'll probubly need to work untiil I'm 6 ft. under. At least I got a great boss and I enjoy my job.

Well, I had lobster for dinner 1 1/2 lbr. and we celebrated. Then I opened present. I'll post most of the presents in a tools gloat but for right now lets just say I got some tools :D and a bottle of 12 yr old single malt scothch and a cigar. Thanbks for all your well wishes.
Oh and have a piece of cake for ya'll..:b-day_cake:

Congratulations Don. Enjoy you whisky and your cigar staring at your last project done with the new tools you've got.
Can there be anything more rewarding than that?

Thanks everyone. You know when I was younger I thought I would be collecting SS when I turned 62 but with the economy and my 402 k having shrunk to a 101K I'll probubly need to work untiil I'm 6 ft. under. At least I got a great boss and I enjoy my job.

Congratulations and happy birthday Don... even if I'm a day late and probably a dollar short.. (my usual status).

On the SS... if you're still working, not much advantage in collecting at 62.. you'll probably lose most of it in penalties for making too much money... I waited until I was 64, when I realized I had 40 years in my career... plus I had a small pension from a previous job that made up for the early retirement penalty... if you can hold out until you reach the 66+ year mark, you can get it all.....and no penalties for still working. (I was born in 1941 and my "full" retirement age was 65+7 months)

I couldn't hold out myself, I was getting bored stupid at my job, plus my wife was killing herself at hers.. as soon as she turned 62 we lit out for the hills... (of Tennessee where it's much cheaper to live than Texas (or Arizona - although I loved the year we lived in Tucson))... hang in there, the economy will swing back.. it is and always has been a pendulum.