Arched Candle Holders

With some cured BLO:

I've got a rough cut set of those somewhere in the shop or barn. Cut them out a year (or maybe two...) ago, and never finished them. I think mine are cherry and maple - I had a lot of cherry cutoffs back then.

Guess I'll have to try to find them, and maybe even finish them. Perhaps another Fall/Winter project. - along with the PA spice chest, and the Captain Cook lap desk.

Got lotsa unfinished stuff layin' about.

Glenn these candle holders look real great. You have some great ideas there for candle holders. I am still trying to get round to making the last set you posted.

By the way not sure if you have a lathe but when I was on holiday i saw a design of candle holder which was quiet neat.

It was at the gallery of Jacques Gaudreau, it was as if he had turned a flat plate with some grooves in it then cut it across but not in one straight line more of step cut through the plate (which was about 1.5 inches thick). Then each of the two halves is mounted to stand as if the plate was on edge and then holes made in the step landings to accomodate candles. Out of each plate there were two candle holders.
Each landing of each step through the plate held i would guess 3 to 4 candles.

These ones you have made look really great with the finishing poping the wood. I like the fact that it gets the candle up so you could put them on a table at a dinner party and there would be good light.

I almost missed this one Glenn, I was wondering what were you up to, now I see it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

They look great, and quick to make. How many of those you say you're making?