Woodcraft Cust Service

Ned Bulken

Just what does Woodcraft Customer Service have to do with a new tool (other than the obvious),
I bumped an order up yesterday over the $50 mark to get free shipping, typed in the coupon, but for some reason it didn't stick, and I wound up 'paying' for the shipping after all.

I got aan automated email confirming the order and the total included shipping. Hmmm. That's not right. So I fired off a 'can you please apply the free shipping' email to their Customer Service, which they Immediately replied to, saving me $10 or so. Not a huge amount of money, but these days that's more than enough.

oh, the order? well, you'll see pics here when the box comes in.

More companies should realize that good customer service creates loyal customers and many referrals.
Ned's positive experience with this company has just reached
hundreds of potential customers. A real good lesson in these tough times.

Glad to see YOU got good service Ned. I had a $10 Store coupon recently and sent my daughter to the Addison, Tx store to pick up the Wixey Planer set and the inch reading caliper that was on sale but the store was out of the wixey but would have them in on Friday, (sale was to end Saturday). (Total of the mdse on sale w/coupon, approx $60). My Daughter told him she wouldn't be able to come again until Monday or Tue, and he said NO PROBLEM, we'll still give you the sale price and use the coupon, just tell me or whoever is here that you came in today and we'll take care of it. My daughter said OK, but do I need a Raincheck or something and he said nope, we'll take care of it and you can pick up and pay for both items at that time. Welllllll...... the shipment didn't come in on Friday, OR Monday when she drove all the way over to get it. After one more wasted drive to pick them up, she got smart and started calling to see if it was in and finally about a week and a half later it arrived. Her friend was going to be passing through Addison so she asked her stop by and pick the items up, which she did, explaining about the pre arranged agreement and price, but when her friend got back to the house with the items she said I was lucky, because I almost didn't have enough money with me. My daughter then looked at the ticket and they had charged her nearly $140 for the stuff. The next day my daughter went Back (4 th long trip) to the store but the original sales person was not on duty and the others in the store were not only uncooperative, but kinda hateful and ABSOLUTELY refused to honor the sales price OR the coupon or make ANY adjustment to the price, so she gave them the items and asked for her money back which they also said they couldn't do, but after another hour plus and her having to get really loud and threatening, they finally credited her CC. It is really a shame as I had liked that store up until now and we had spent a fair amount of money there and Planned to spend more over time since I could go there in about 45 minutes from my daughter's house when I visit there.

The thing that really burned me AND my daughter was that she asked to speak to the owner, or on duty manager and was told they were not available, but she was pretty sure from several indications that one of them was in the office, but would NOT come out and talk to her in the whole hour and a half she was there.

Needless to say, I will not tolerate that kind of treatment, so NO MORE MONEY for them from me. I should have just ordered on line, but wanted to use my coupon before it ran out.

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone here shops at THAT store, I sure wouldn't trust their promises.

As promised, here are photos of this weeks packages...
attachment.php

Kreg Bench clamp with 'free' single drill guide as well.

attachment.php

Here is what I Started the order with. A set of router plate levelers.

They, plus this:
attachment.php

along with a Rockler router plate I picked up earlier this year and my Router in Table Saw wing will be that much more useful.

I'm planning on hanging an auxilliary fence off of my TS rip fence. To that end (and having missed the rockler clamps for that purpose not too long ago) I added these 3" clamps.

attachment.php

and just to round things out, I also picked up a wheel dresser...
attachment.php

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35952&stc=1&d=1250972802

Attachments

• wheel dresser.jpg
    wheel dresser.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 97
  • levelers.jpg
    levelers.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 97
  • kreg bench kit.jpg
    kreg bench kit.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 97
  • clamps.jpg
    clamps.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 98
  • fixed plate.jpg
    fixed plate.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 97
Glad to see YOU got good service Ned.
Sorry for the rant, but if anyone here shops at THAT store, I sure wouldn't trust their promises.

No need to apologize, Norman. But I hope you also take all this and put it in a letter to the store owner, AND with a clear note that you are CC'ing Corporate headquarters. (Letter, not email, those tend to get taken a bit more seriously still.)

No need to apologize, Norman. But I hope you also take all this and put it in a letter to the store owner, AND with a clear note that you are CC'ing Corporate headquarters. (Letter, not email, those tend to get taken a bit more seriously still.)

Ummm, looks like it won't be necessary, Art. I don't know how this happened, since I hadn't mentioned this to anyone else anywhere except in my post here on the 19 th at 6:15 PM and due to being out of pocket this hectic weekend, I had not checked all my email until tonight, when I came across an email addressed to me, sent 08/21/09 @ 12:43 PM from the General Manager of the 6 Texas Woodcraft Stores, (THAT was a quick RESPONSE in MY Book).:thumb:

It was a nice letter stating he had been made "aware" of my Daughter's unpleasant experience on my behalf, and had already checked out everything about the transaction and spoken with the store personnel and felt that for whatever reason they had not followed through properly on their promise and apologized and offered a nice solution. I'm very pleased to see a Manager that really takes his job seriously and "is" concerned about the service and reputation of his company, (especially since I hadn't even contacted him yet), and I will also be pleased if I don't have to scratch that store off my list, because I LIKED that store, and after driving 360 miles to visit my daughters, it's only 35 to 45 min (depending on traffic) to that store. When my daughter gets back from a funeral I will contact her, AND the nice Gentleman from Woodcraft, (probably Monday, although he said he would reply to an email this weekend).

I will post the final outcome in it's own thread and let everyone know, because I most assuredly believe in Giving Credit to those that Give good Service and act with fairness and honor. I do realize that sometimes things do happen that are not normal, and Balls get dropped sometimes and cause an Oops, (just like a miscut joint) but it's how we correct it that counts.

NICE "Goodies" ya got there, Ned.:thumb: "IF" I EVER get this shop finished, I've been thinking I "may" want to put one OR two of those Kreg Hold Downs in my assembly table, (still tossing a couple of options around).

Last edited:
Norm, strike 'now' if you can. they're listed at $45, but are on sale currently for $19.99 as shown. Also, the plates are just $11.99. I'm not sure if I'll need a second one, but nice to know they're reasonably priced if I want one. The fit & finish on the one I have is very nice.

I'm glad the manager contacted you, wonder how he got wind of the situation.

400 miles to the Nearest woodcraft? Sheesh, and to think I rarely make the trek from here to Rochester (about 100) cause it's' too far'. (of course not making that trip means that I don't spend the money I might have otherwise, so it's just an excuse)

Last edited:
OK, you guys got me on a roller coaster. One minute I'm on my way to Woodcraft and next I'm turning around coming home. Now I'm on my way back again.:rofl::rofl:

Oops, sorry about that Bob, especially since with the back and forth, you have NOW had extra time to think of More things to buy when you get there.:doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: