Some Added Incentive for the Fine Woodworking Turning Contest

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
You may or may not have noticed this thread about a turning contest that is happening on the Fine Woodworking Magazine website. So far I know of three members here who have entered pieces in the contest, but there may (and should) be more.

Randy Privett from Monster Lathe Tools would like to sweeten the pot if one of our members happens to win the contest. He has offered to give the winner three of his Monster Tool Handles made to the winner's specifications, if that person is a member of our forum. That's somewhere around $150 worth of some of the best tool handles you'll find, IMHO.

So, if the prizes being offered by Fine Woodworking aren't already reason enough to enter, consider the fact that they've been nearly doubled now. You're running out of excuses not to enter. :)

Many thanks and a big tip o' the hat to Randy for stepping up and making this offer. :thumb: And good luck to all the members who enter. (Including me. :D I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to own some more Monster handles. The Fine Woodworking DVD wouldn't be half bad, either.) ;)

Good to see you jump in, Barry. :thumb: (Nice piece, too.) You can click the "Thumbs Up" button to vote. I don't know how much those votes will sway the judges who will pick the 15 finalists, but I figure it can't hurt.