Thanks Pete!!!

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Well that Pete Simmons is quite the guy. As it it known my son got married 2 weeks ago (and they are very happy:thumb:) and since then I received a package from Pete to give to my son. When it was opened, jaws dropped :eek: here is a plaque, laser engraved with a wonderful Apache Wedding Blessing. Looking at it, admiring the engraving and noticing some great figure in the wood and with the help of the very experienced eye of Larry it is noticed the it isn't figure, it is more engraving, an Indian man and woman side to side looking to the sky, just incredible :thumb: Thanks again Pete, and the happy couple thanks you also (they do not have internet yet, so behind learning how to be home owners:p) I hope the pics do it some justice.

Attachments

• Plaque 1 (563 x 750).jpg
    Plaque 1 (563 x 750).jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Plaque 2 (600 x 800).jpg
    Plaque 2 (600 x 800).jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Plaque 3 (800 x 600).jpg
    Plaque 3 (800 x 600).jpg
    118 KB · Views: 56
While we're braggin' on Pete, I figure I might as well post these pics again. This shows the kind of laser inlay he can do. Some of you have already seen these, but others probably haven't. We did some tag-team cutting boards a few years ago. I just glued boards together, and he did all the hard stuff. This one is one of my favorites...

Mountain Air 1 800.jpg

And a little more detail of the walnut inlay. As I recall, the thin lines were about 1/32" wide. Inlaid. :clap:

Mountain Air Detail 800.jpg

Thanks

Thanks everyone.

I love making these things.

I tell people I have a Scroll saw with a 0.003 dia blade that is computer controlled. I call it a laser. I have been doing the inlays for 4 or 5 years and they still amaze me. They fit so good I bet I could get away without useing glue.

Vaughn - Take a close look at the wood used on the inlayed heart, You just might be able to see some tracks from YOUR band saw on the back of it.

Yes Vaughn and I have teamed up on some items. Every one of them hold a very special place in the hearts of the people who now have them. I consider myself lucky to be involved in making these things.

BTW - I read the Apache Wedding blessing at my Daughter's wedding a few years ago. A very proud moment!

While we're braggin' on Pete, I figure I might as well post these pics again. This shows the kind of laser inlay he can do. Some of you have already seen these, but others probably haven't. We did some tag-team cutting boards a few years ago. I just glued boards together, and he did all the hard stuff. This one is one of my favorites...

View attachment 36020

And a little more detail of the walnut inlay. As I recall, the thin lines were about 1/32" wide. Inlaid. :clap:

View attachment 36021

That is some incredible inlay :thumb: great job of team work on the cutting board:clap: you both do excellent work :thumb:

Thanks Pete that was a beautiful plaque. thankyou so much it is great work of art.:thumb::thumb: we love it and when we paint then we will hang it up.

Sorry It took me so long We do not have the net yet but we are getting there.

THANKS

JIM