Kitchen for my son! The Install

Bryan Cowing

Finally, after 6 months of weekend WW, took a weeks vacation and stained & sprayed from Saturday to Friday to get cupboards ready for the 150 mile road trip. Took most of Saturday just to pack the 6x12 cargo trailer. So I have Sunday and Monday to install and then back to work. Valance trim has to be made up, and not sure if crown is going to be added.
IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1059-1.JPG
Plugs sideways for plug in fluorescent strips to be added later under the upper units.
IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

Last edited:
My son assisted in install. He did all the reno work, converting the old kitchen/living room to the new huge kitchen with eat at bar, ( 1/2 wall) I will post some more pics once he gets the countertops installed later next week.
IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

Great-looking work, Bryan. Ill bet your son is very happy with the cabinets. His reno is looking very nice so far. I saw several similarities to our kitchen...the dark doors on white laminate cases were the first thing I noticed. The fluorescent lights under the upper units are great, we use them quite a bit. We love the built-in trash can (although ours is above the smaller drawer instead of below it). And we have what looks like the same tile on our floor.

Bet is great to see the finished install. :thumb: Wonderful job! :thumb:

What are you going to use the new shop annex for now? Wood storage? :dunno:

Bet is great to see the finished install. :thumb: Wonderful job! :thumb:

What are you going to use the new shop annex for now? Wood storage? :dunno:
Not sure! I think I may stock pile a hundred bd ft or so of oak. My stash got depleted to almost 0:dunno: Looks like the cargo trailer will next be used to move the last kid out. Just landed his first job after college course finished up last April.

Last edited:
I should mention, cost of materials ran $2200.00 canadian to build the cupboards. Not included is fuel for picking up items or delivery and a few misc shop supplies. His counter-tops are going to cost $1225. He says total reno cost will be about $7,000 with new dishwasher, sink, taps, tile floor, electrical, drywall.

WOW - what an awesome project.

Funny what we will do for our kids.

I did a marathon job with my son a month or so ago.

Now I need to do some stuff for my daughter.

It is certainly a labor of love.

NICE work.

Beautiful cabinets.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments everyone. This is kitchen #7 I have made + 2 refacing jobs in my hobby shop. The 1st job ever was a refacing job about 20 years ago for my next door neighbor. I have 4 more kids, and worry that they will someday want a kitchen too! :dunno: It sure is a lot of work!