A few of the things I've made

Bob Gibson

I had to knock the corners off the benches because my grand kids kept on whacking their heads on them.
View attachment 36120
Family room. A duplicate end table is on the other side of the room.
View attachment 36121
Learned a lot from my mistakes on this one
View attachment 36122
loml wanted a place to store "upstairs stuff".
Got to come up with a design for a new mantle for the fireplace in the dining room.
View attachment 36123
I made the mantle clock in the picture from a piece of the oak that I used to make a 5 foot cross for my mothers grave.

I've made a bunch of other stuff, nothing sophisticated, toy boxes, chests, tables...mostly for the kids.

Planned projects...cherry secretary, cherry top trestle table for the dining room (gotta be big, lots of kids and grand kids. We do Sunday dinner and every holiday at our house), Hutch for dining room, maple candle stands. The last of my 5 daughters (wahoo !!!) is getting married Sept 12th and I'm just getting ready to start a hope chest for her.

View attachment 36124

View attachment 36125

Last edited:
Very nice projects!!!!! The table and benches, exact ones I plan to build someday! Did you build the rocker and the hutch in the one picture?

Dutch ovens, do you cook in them there? That would be very convenient!!

Thanks for sharing!

:rofl: That is one big cat. He is like a dog, very friendly and follows me everywhere. My 3 year old granddaughter calls him "happy kitty"

The Beehive (dutch oven) does work. I've only tried it once about 10 years ago. I had the fireplace piped for bottled gas a few years ago so now it doesn't get hot enough to cook.
:)

I built the hutch, the chair was built in the 1700's. I'm old but not that old. I've never tried to build a chair, but it would be fun.
Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated.

Last edited:
I had to knock the corners off the benches because my grand kids kept on whacking their heads on them.
View attachment 36120
Family room. A duplicate end table is on the other side of the room.
View attachment 36121
Learned a lot from my mistakes on this one
View attachment 36122
loml wanted a place to store "upstairs stuff".
Got to come up with a design for a new mantle for the fireplace in the dining room.
View attachment 36123
I made the mantle clock in the picture from a piece of the oak that I used to make a 5 foot cross for my mothers grave.

I've made a bunch of other stuff, nothing sophisticated, toy boxes, chests, tables...mostly for the kids.

Planned projects...cherry secretary, cherry top trestle table for the dining room (gotta be big, lots of kids and grand kids. We do Sunday dinner and every holiday at our house), Hutch for dining room, maple candle stands. The last of my 5 daughters (wahoo !!!) is getting married Sept 12th and I'm just getting ready to start a hope chest for her.

View attachment 36124

View attachment 36125
well... I WAS gonna show some..but NOT after seeing what you've accomplished..... fantastic craftsmanship there,partner!!!! :thumb: