Two serving trays

When you start, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have (if I can).

Mike
Thanks for you information, Mike. I started doing veneer work a number of years ago and quickly decided to build a vacuum press. Like you, I've pressed small panels with cauls and clamps but prefer my vacuum press for both veneer work and bentwood lamination.

Although I have a fair amount of experience, I always like to hear about other woodworker's processes. For instance, when I was nearing the end of the veneer work on my compass table, I learned more about hide glue techniques from an acquaintance and that helped with some small medallions for my table.

Thanks for you information, Mike. I started doing veneer work a number of years ago and quickly decided to build a vacuum press. Like you, I've pressed small panels with cauls and clamps but prefer my vacuum press for both veneer work and bentwood lamination.

Although I have a fair amount of experience, I always like to hear about other woodworker's processes. For instance, when I was nearing the end of the veneer work on my compass table, I learned more about hide glue techniques from an acquaintance and that helped with some small medallions for my table.
Sorry, Bill. I misread your post and thought you were just starting to do veneer work. I would have phrased my response differently if I had read your post correctly.

Mike