Made a nice find today

Cute! So what are you waiting for? Go and hone it to the best of your ability, this tool has been missing some action for a quite a while!!

Nice plane Bart.
The old woodies always catch my eye. I haven't tried one yet, but think i'll try making one or two sometime soon. I look forward to learning to fettle them.
paulh

How do you make that thing SPIN, Bart.

Bruce

T.Tileston of Boston on Front Street removed what wasn't needed and I have something beautiful. Nature did the hard part.

I have been looking for the electric cord or starting rope. Do you have it?

I need to sharpen it. I just sharpened 11 chisels on my Work-sharp the other day took about 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Real nice.
Paul Revere, although known as a silversmith, used to make planes. Maybe you found an original...cha-ching :)

I didn't know that.

Paul Revere has an interesting history if you follow it long enough. Some good...some...well where I live anyway where the rotting hulks of our first naval battle resides at low tide...all attributable to his blunders...not so good. Still an interesting history.

Regardless, cha-ching would be right. With the brass fence, its conceivable that his foundry cast the metal part. I don't think foundries were too popular in that era.