My Dad's first Drill Press

Bart Leetch

A Duro Drill Press purchased in the mid to late 50's.

I forgot to take a picture before I cleaned it up & painted it.

Attachments

• Duro Drill Press 001.jpg
    Duro Drill Press 001.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Duro Drill Press 002.jpg
    Duro Drill Press 002.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Duro Drill Press 003.jpg
    Duro Drill Press 003.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 40
Nice Drill Press. I looks just like the one we used at the railroad. The thing was tougher than five bags of hammers and was still working when I left there last summer.

As for the pre-rebuild picture, I understand completely. I have done many a restoration without first getting a picture of it. Funny how old iron can get you to thinking and then your elbow deep in it before you realize in your zest, you should have waited and taken a picture of it.

Now that is a drill press what is a drill press! Love that styling. Beat the pants of the styling of my two Craftsman. Plus it's a lot better than any new one I bet!

Jeff

Nice looking drill, reminds me of the older Walker Turners which have the backside open, exposing the pulleys. Classic look!

Very nice, Bart. Looks similar to my Atlas I got a while back. $10.

I need a motor...

I needed a new motor too the bushings & start mechanism are worn out in the original 1/3 HP GE motor. I just happened to have an older Wards 1/3 HP motor in the shop & it is now mounted on the Drill-press however it is heavier than the original motor. So I am in the process of making a bigger base to bolt the drill-press to. It is 4' tall & about 19" x 20" & will have the switch mounted in the front & a drawer beside it.
I will post pictures when done.

Last edited: