Anybody else read this?? A little baseball humor.

Jim O'Dell

I saw this this morning, and liked to fell out of my chair laughing at the pranks that grown men play on their team mates.

"And That Happened: Tuesday's scores and highlights

Wed Sep 02,2009 5:31 AM ET By Craig Calcaterra

(SNIP)

Mariners 2, Angels 1: A week or so ago Ken Griffey, being interviewed by a Cincinnati magazine, said that he was going to make it so that music from "The Nutcracker" played when Adrian Beltre returned from his injured testicle stint on the DL. I thought that was harsh and I didn't think he'd actually do it, but I'll be doggoned if he didn't in this game. I think something about that should make up the final line on his Hall of Fame plaque.
"

I removed a picture, and changed one word and put the letters in red astericks to hopefully not offend anyone, but that right there is funny, I don't care which team you root for!! And I thought the Rangers did some off the wall stuff. :D Jim.

edit: doggoned in red is my change from the author's original text.

Last edited:
That is funny. It is also nice to see they can relax and have some fun with one another.

As for the red asterisks and offeneding anyone Jim....I don't get offended by them but they/we do have a rule about em.....I got took to the whuppin shed for it once. Dog gone rules anyways. :rofl:

No cursing, including use of substitute characters as all or part of a word instead of cursing.

I saw this this morning, and liked to fell out of my chair laughing at the pranks that grown men play on their team mates.

"And That Happened: Tuesday's scores and highlights

Wed Sep 02,2009 5:31 AM ET By Craig Calcaterra

(SNIP)

Mariners 2, Angels 1: A week or so ago Ken Griffey, being interviewed by a Cincinnati magazine, said that he was going to make it so that music from "The Nutcracker" played when Adrian Beltre returned from his injured testicle stint on the DL. I thought that was harsh and I didn't think he'd actually do it, but I'll be DARNNED if he didn't in this game. I think something about that should make up the final line on his Hall of Fame plaque.
"

I removed a picture, and changed one word and put the letters in red astericks to hopefully not offend anyone, but that right there is funny, I don't care which team you root for!! And I thought the Rangers did some off the wall stuff. :D Jim.

That is funny. It is also nice to see they can relax and have some fun with one another.

As for the red asterisks and offeneding anyone Jim....I don't get offended by them but they/we do have a rule about em.....I got took to the whuppin shed for it once. Dog gone rules anyways. :rofl:

No cursing, including use of substitute characters as all or part of a word instead of cursing.

Jim that is a funny story, thanks for sharing it, I don't see the much sports coverage over here from over there.

Steve, thanks for bringing this up, I missed it the first time around, I'm really busy right now, as I'm sure you are, and I cannot possibly read every post :type:

Jim, we do have a rule about asterisks etc, so could you please edit your post.

Thanks!

Edited. I should know better!!!

Stu, I found this on MSN.com, way down in the sports pages. Seems like each Pro baseball player gets to pick his own walk up music as he is coming to the plate to bat, home games only I'm sure. Griffey was able to get the announcer to substitute in this case. Jim.

Let's just see if the censor-matic is smarted enough to know that a river blocked by beavers is dammed. I know people posting on some of the dog forums are all the time being bleeped when they talk about their females. It's ridiculous.

FYI "Damn" & "Dammed" are not on any censor list. :)

What is against CoC is the use of "D******" as it is it is open to interpretation. (I know I'm breaking to rules, and I regret that, but it is to explain a point)

I really do not understand what the heck is so darn hard about writing what you mean, without the use of profanity, why all the "hieroglyphics" as Tod Evans would say. :dunno:

Simple, write what you mean, if a word you would like to use, is against the CoC, come up with a substitute. :thumb:

By allowing the use of "*****" then we get into a whole gray area for example..........

"Hey I think you are being a real ******** maybe you should think about that."

OK, what did I write? :huh: :dunno:
Who knows, but I see no advantage to leaving the ******** in place.

We had a >> vote << on this, and the majority voted to leave the rules are they are.

To be sure, Jim, this has nothing to do with what you posted, I'm not singling you out in any way shape or form, I'm just trying to be as clear as possible about what the rule is.

Thanks everyone for your help, really, this has got to be the easiest forum to moderate, as the members are just so great! :clap: