Friday and it a 3 day weekend so what R Ur plans.

working tomorrow:(

then getting home to powerwash the driveway:(

take down the tent covering the driveway:(

then getting up at 5 am sunday to recoat the blacktop:(

then probably spending the rest of the day sunday and monday trying to straighten out my sore back:(

Preparations! I need to install the TV and DVD player in the camper, make a list of food to buy, build drawers for the camper's pantry cabinet (a la Bill Arnold). I also have projector duty at church this week so a few hours on Sat and a few more on Sunday doing that. Then I need to figure out where to put 28 days of supplies in an 18' trailer. Might have to buy a few things along the way.:D I only have two weeks to get ready!:eek:

Well since my shop is packed away for now, I will be working on cutting pine tree for the new shop. Got a call from a guy that has 20 white pines that are anywhere from 25-40" across at chest level. Some will go to the local school for there shop lumber(donate 1000' each year) Most will go into lumber for shop and home rebuild.

working on salvaging the jewelry box, giving those arched candle holders a try, taking inventory of my "scrap" pieces, and helping my 11 yr old make a serving tray as a surprise present for someone.

I get to work a half day tomorrow (8-12). Then I will be scraping the floor in the guest bedroom getting it ready to tile. Doesn't look like I'll have to grind in this one, but we shall see. LOML called about the tile we used in the "Pink Room" last fall...may not be available, and Marazzi is closed until Tuesday now. Had wanted to use that tile throughout the family room/kitchen, but may not have that choice now. After the floor is clean, I'll mix up some thinset and patch the holes left by the tack strips for the carpet, and level out a high spot in the closet. By Monday, I'll need to paint the closet. Room is already done. Jim.

Saturday I'm going to try to finish the Viking furniture project with my BIL. Hopefully this time we won't be interrupted by those pesky cops and their evacuation orders again. :rolleyes: Also gonna try to turn some spin tops for a friend, as well as do some website work for another friend.

Sunday LOML and I are going to the LA County Fair. It's her favorite event of the year, and since I'm otherwise tied up for the next few weekends, this is our only chance to go there together. (She'll go at least once more with other friends.)

Monday is still up in the air. If I'm smart, I'll be turning some stuff to build up stock for the fall shows. Knowing the way things work around here though, I'll probably be sidetracked into doing something I have no desire to do. :doh:

LOML just got home today after some surgery. I tease her that she did well in hiding the fact that she was a walking train-wreck when we first met :rofl:. Anyway, no specific plans although I should be able to squeeze in some time between feeding her chicken soup and plumping up the pillows. Hey, who am I foolin' she'll be glad to get me out of her house for awhile and she knows how much nicer I am to be around when I get my dose of shop time :D.

I will be helping out two friends this weekend. One helped me out when building my shop (he is the electrician that told me i could do my own electrics, did himself out of a job). He had a bit of hickory hard wood flooring and needs the edges rounded over for the cross over between the carpet and the hardwood. The other needs help rebuilding his camper trailer. This is a huge project and i will be helping him make up new walls for the back and the front. Water got into the sides and rotted the wood and the floor.

Then finally i will get back to my shop. Have forgotten what it looks like in there. Still got the bench to finish and then LOML walnut jewelry box. Then i have some wood to turn. So much to do so little time.

Have a great weekend all of you. Vaughn I am glad to see you guys made it safe with the fires. :thumb:

I'm being kidnapped at home, I live in a quite steep and dead end windy road. And today is the World Skateboard day. So the city council has decided to close the road from 8AM to 12 to any traffic and not let park in any side of it so that some sort of exhibition or race will take place on it.

So I will stay at the shop working on my seven drawer dresser until it finishes.
This afternoon we'll go to make the weekly shopping that instead of taking us about 40 minutes will take and hour and half, thanks to the council and the skaters.:bang::bang:

I even thought about spreading oil on the road at night so that they couldn't make it. I wouldn't mind about it if I had another way to get in and out of home to do my things but there is no way around, I can't get out of home by car, and believe me my street is really steep so walking back up loaded with supermarket bags is a no-no thing at 35º celsius.

I hope that they will not repeat it next year.

I may be turning into an grumpy old fart but I feel like being kidnapped or held hostage in my own house

Well I work every Sat so between Sun & Mon I got to power wash the house to get the green slime off of it & also the driveway. got to go get another 2 hoses & sprinklers for the lawn. Also LOML & my SIL & I get to go to my FIL's apt & get started to clean it out what we're going to keep to what we'll give to Salvation Army or Big sisters. (my FIL died last week:() not a pleasant chore but it's got to be done.

LOML and I are leaving tomorrow morning for the Amarillo area for the weekend--going to Palo Duro Canyon on Sunday then back into Portales for the night with friends. Home Monday afternoon some time--no laptop with me this time, so you'll just have to do without me until then.

But then....you've been doing without me for a while now, as I just haven't been here much. Sorry! Been busy, busy, busy. We NEED this weekend!

What's a "weekend"........... :huh: :dunno:

I wish I new what one was. I just use them things to try and catch back up on what I can't get done during the normal 6 day work week.

After I get home today from working in Galveston I have to rebuild the motor in my truck and have it running for the trip back to Galveston Tuesday morning.

I'm taking a break from shop time on household projects. Today (Saturday) I plan to spend shop time on shop projects! :) I need to take some photos of the final parts of my DC system and get them posted soon. I also need to build a couple of drawers for turning tools -- nothing fancy, just some storage space. I also need to continue a bit of re-organization in the shop.

LOML and a neighbor lady are doing a group of yard sales this morning. I can hardly wait to see what I'll have to do with whatever they find! :eek:

Looks like we may take a drive up on the Cherohala today and see the waterfalls at Bald River, then up to the lake at Indian Boundry... LOML is in a photo blog and needs some pictures to post tomorrow...Then Sun and Mon, back to the shop... getting ready for a show first weekend in Oct.

I should be at rendezvous. But many other commitments got in the way of even preparing for the event. And, today we are having rain, I'm better off inside than slogging around in the mud wearing moccasins.
One thing I know I'm doing is trying to figure out how to come up with the money to buy a nice motorcycle a friend is selling at a bargain price.
I'm heading for the shop to do some spinning. Have a hunk of Osage Orange that is wanting to be converted into shavings. I'm testing a non-solvent solution for stabilizing. If it works that will be a very good thing. And, among the spinny chores, I'm going to finish a certain pen. This will be a fountain pen in pink resin. A potential customer has turned down every fp I have shown her. She wants a pink to match her clothes but the styles I have shown her, up to now, have been too big and heavy for her hand and personal likes. This pinky is my last effort to sell her a pen.
Then, later pop a cold one, watch a blank TV screen and listen to the Arkansas Razorback vs. Missouri State U. football game on the radio.
Tomorrow, church then whatever wife wants to do.