Back from the edge and lived to tell about it!

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Just to stifle the voices declaring that flatlanders like myself have no depth or spinny creativity, here is a vase I turned about 20 years ago as a present for an in-law. Not up to snuff with most all of the creations displayed here, but round none-the-less.:rofl::rofl:
DSC_0128 (532 x 800).jpg

(Larry, don't worry. I have no intention of flirting with the vortex again. Just wanted to show that there is hope for others like Allen. He might yet 'turn' away from the dark side and seek the light.):rofl::rofl:

Nicely done for sure, and a very creative design!

I'll have you know I've been off the spinny thing for some time now, not by choice, but by necessity :(

Stu, it's about time you get back to spinning some wood. You've taken a long enough break now. Just put all that stuff on hold and get back to the lathe.

they (the round people) are telling you nice things to suck you in. you MUST be carefull. if you go there again you might not get back!!!!!!!!

i have to say this for your own good. its leaning to the left real bad and the shape is all wrong.

doug

they (the round people) are telling you nice things to suck you in. you MUST be carefull. if you go there again you might not get back!!!!!!!!

i have to say this for your own good. its leaning to the left real bad and the shape is all wrong.

doug
Good to know you're looking out for me.:rofl:

It's horrible. I mean, it's barely turning at all...there were even saw cuts involved...I can tell. I'll bet you're not even man enough to really turn something. :rolleyes:

(Seeing if reverse psychology works. Hey, it worked for Tom Sawyer and his fence.) :D

Actually Rennie, inside-out pieces like that are a real challenge to turn, and it looks like you nailed it (figuratively, not literally). :thumb:

i agree rennie that doug has it right your piece of kitlter and yu done well by stayun away.. we need yu as on eof leaders and those that lead should set a good example and not dip into dangerous areas where they might be tempted.. you of folks areone that knows what temtation can do to ones inner being:) and on a side note,, your niche in the furniture world requires yu to be steadfast as a flat worker..shouldnt be jeaopardizing your future work..:rofl::rofl: