Shaker style?

Al killian

OK, my new place is going to need kitchen cabinets. The style of the house will be craftsman/shaker. Most use qswo, I want somthing different. Thinking maybe maple or something ligth in color w/ good figure. Any ideas?

Figured maple or Figured cherry makes for some real nice cabinets. Jason Tunstra makes a lot using those woods. Check out his website if you want some inspiration for shaker stuff, I do and drool every time I visit it:thumb:

i have seen a fair amount of cherry stuff done that way and jason has a good handle on it for sure but i think hickory would be some real nice stuff too.. and i have some if yu need some al:)

I'm doing a shaker style kitchen right now for my parents in cherry. Its fairly light right now but of course will darken over time.

Are you holding out until it's done before showing any pictures? :rolleyes: Shame on you, man. :p Looking forward to seeing the kitchen(s) - both yours and Al's.

matt has been on latly but he is usually a quiet behind the scenes kinda guy:) but after he is done will give us all the pics we need he documents his work well:) isnt that right matt:)

Actually I've been posting a running thread over at Sawmill Creek with almost daily updates and a weekly update on my club's site. I also update a photo updates daily in a photo album for my parent's and their contractor (who's nervous about the idea of his costumers' son building the cabinetry.) That pretty much puts me at my online update limit each day.

OK: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=117969. You of course have to be a member to see pictures. I know some don't like that for one reason or another but please don't turn this into one of "those" threads..

Al, I'm hoping to start the island tomorrow which I'll be building start-finish over the next week or two since they want that soon to be their kitchen once demo starts on the old one in about 6 weeks. You'll be able to see what the doors & drawers look like pretty quickly, I hope.

Lookin good mat. Lookin forward to seeing the completed dawers.

Vaughn, well you asked for it. All other please cover your eyes.:D
kitchen.jpg

Birch, Ash, QS Sycamore? These all have light color and good (though different) character. Also, what about fruit woods like apple or pear?
Paul Hubbman

Maybe I willuse qs sycamore for the panels. If I can find enough of it. Will have plenty of millwork to do in this place. It will in part be my showroom for the shop.:thumb: