Abrosia maple with Walnut foot

Ken Ward

This is another Ambrosia maple,but I got a little thin on the bottom an no way was this goin near the fire pit.Soooooo I just went on thru the botom and made this ft. Oil finish beal buffed and carnuba wax.I had it spinnin at 2600 RPMs when I melted the wax in,But I did have a revolving tail center with a pad on it up against the inside.All coments appreciated. It measures about 15 X9".

Attachments

• ambrosia bowl with walnut foot 2.jpg
    ambrosia bowl with walnut foot 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Well Ken don't feel bad. That bowl is not firewood for sure. Great looking piece. I did the same thing today. I was so angry at myself because I knew better.:mad::bang: Just one last cut to smooth things out. Yea you guessed it right thru the bottom. I squared the bottom, glued a piece of cherry on and will finish turning tomorrow.

Nice save, Ken. I'm usually not real fond of plugged bowl bottoms, but with such sweet wood, and that large size, I can see why you weren't willing to just toss this one. :thumb:

Ambrosia Maple with Walnut foot

Thanks for all the kinds words,but truth is they just about gotta blow up before they go to the fire pit. :D:D