Planer Stand, All Kreg, All butt joints.. quick

Bartee Lamar

I finally got tired of lifting my lunch box planner off the floor onto the table saw out feed table.

So I looked around at the "extra" plywood I had and did some quick plans and came up with this.

Looks like it might be a place to store jigs and such.

It's real sturdy. I have to create a method to hook it to the outfeed table to make it NOT roll around. Those casters do not lock very well.

The 1st picture is my SawStop with it's sliding table. This is GREAT. I was able to easily cut done a large piece of ply accurately and quickly. The sliding table made this a very easy project.

Attachments

• IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2474.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2480.JPG
    IMG_2480.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 95
Great job. I see no reason why it won't hold up... As for the casters, I have my planer mounted on casters and nexer lock them, see no need. I don't push on it during opperation as you simply lay the material on the table, introduce to the infeed roller and it does the rest by itself... Also with my tools I found that rubber casters one size too small are harder to roll and stay put when you want it and move when you need to. Correctly sized casters roll too easily.

Sorry for the delay... The real job gets in the way.

The dimensions are:

34" wide
22" deep
29" high + 4" caster = 33" high

The height is designed to be close to my out feed table on the TS.

What I would change.

This thing is really bigger than I wanted. I was going for stability.

I would make it narrower. Just wide enough for you planer base. This would be about 20 1/2" for me.

If you really needed the space you could make the width based on one side of the feed table being folded up when not in use.

For me I am going to permanently mount a feed board thru the machine. I think I will be doing a lot of very thin stuff and it works just fine. I also think this will completely solve the snipe problem that I sometimes have.

I am going to order two De-sta-co Clamps to connect it to my outfeed table so it will not move. Wheels just do not lock tight enough.

clamp.png

This is my stand for my Dewalt Plainer. The only reson for showing you is for the base.IT locks firmly down. You can make it to any size demention with
2x2s it came from Woodcraft.:D

Attachments

• Plainer & Stand.jpg
    Plainer & Stand.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 16