Looking for new table saw/ sawstop contractor

I believe I heard that there will be retro-fit kits available to change the blade/dust guard to the new one for both the ICS and contractor saw, so Stu you should be in luck if you want to change. I suppose that I will have to change my DC ducting a little to accommodate the port for the blade guard. I have a Bill Pentz design cyclone that I built. I just got done redoing some of the ducting from the rearragement that I did to the shop the other week.

Yep, they say there will be a new dust/guard for the Industrial saw, as well as the new no tool throat plate, I'm not sure if I'll pop for the throat plate, as it is not a real trial to remove on small bolt, but the dust/guard, yeah, I'll be spending my cash on that! :thumb:

Did you get the mobile base? The mobile base I have for the Industrial saw is not cheap, $300 or so, but man is it worth it. Moving the saw on that base is very easy, a kid could do it, worth the $300 to me.

Looking forward to pictures! :wave:

Ok on saying that when it came time to move the saw a few years later I noticed that one of my kids ( I susect the oldest) had taken a utility knife and had cut through the power cord right down to the bare wires. ( 240 volt)

...another reason why I am glad that I have my TS on a switched outlet. I only turn on the outlet when I'm going to cut, and usually turn it off again afterwards, and always turn it off (it's lit, so I can see it from across the room) when I leave the shop.

dave, you made the right choice, i have seen the contractor version in person. i was not impressed at all.

the safety feature was the only selling point on that saw.

Well the PCS is here, or at least most of it is, Woodcraft forgot to give me the box with the fence in it, I got the fence rails and the extension table but not the fence. A call to woodcraft got it all straightened out so all I have to do is go pick it up. I got the rest of the of the saw assembled and tried cross cutting some oak, even with the factory blade it cuts nice.

I got the fence today, traffic was ridiculous so I didn't have time to get the rest of the saw put together. No pictures yet, just to spite you:rofl::rofl: I want to put a router in the table. My plan is to use an old table saw top that I have and set that in the fence rails next to the sawstop. I have an extra base for my Bosch 1617 and I will either mount the extra base right to the cast iron top or put in some kind of homemade router lift. Any thoughts, warnings, suggestions, ideas or donations?

Pics

Heres some pics of the new shiny PCS to ward off the picture police :D Its NICE. I still need to adjust the fence for parallelism and see if I want to hook up a DC hose to the bade cover, and hook up the DC switch next to the switch box, but its ready to use for now. The little guy had to give his stamp of approval before the day was over.

Attachments

• DSCF1308.jpg
    DSCF1308.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF1310.jpg
    DSCF1310.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF1314.jpg
    DSCF1314.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF1317.jpg
    DSCF1317.jpg