• 1152 x 864

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • 1440 x 900

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Something Not Listed Here

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My 17" monitor died a year ago. It ran at 1600 X 1280 IIRC. The hand me down Dell 15" is maxed out at 1280 X 768. After the cabinet saw, I may have to get a new monitor. They sure have gotten cheap.
I'm sure the change over the last year or so in resolution used is primarily because the price of nice LED monitors has gotten so affordable. I think I paid almost 300.00 for my 17" display about 5 years ago....what would that money purchase now!!! Jim.

FWIW to you page designers

I do a little page design for myself and one of my pet peeves is a site that I have to scroll. Unless it is something I really need, I will go elsewhere after a few minutes. It just annoys the heck out of me to have to constantly scroll left and right to find what I want.

Face it, there are a lot of different monitor and preferences out there. I DO NOT run my browser windows at full screen and I wonder why designers assume everyone does? That is bad design in my opinion. Here is a screen shot of mine, now i have dual monitor but you will see that none of the windows are open full size (in one monitor). I have several things open most of the time and I want to be able to see a corner of each one so I can quickly swap between windows.

screen.jpg

Again, pet peeve, but I think it is much smarter to design a web page to fit in a smaller resolution and design (like 800 width) but make it so it looks nice if they enlarge it full screen. But to force me to make my window full screen to see you product or worse, to have to scroll left to right to see it, it doesn't get it with me. While I am sure I am in minority, we of the minority still buy your products!

End of rant

Last edited:
Like Art, I'm 1920x1200 on my 24" iMac.

1024x768 is what we present on at work (community college). It seems so small. I couldn't imagine using it as my primary monitor. Of course I'm spoiled. My work machine is TWO 23" monitors!

Bigger is better and size does matter!!!!!

There is no way I would use a browser at full size. The text lines are just too long to read easily.

well, first like usual, I want to lose 50 lbs, curse a little less, practice more on hand techniques for woodworking, like dovetails, hopefully make a little more money this year, OH WAIT, you said screen resolution., sorry.

Man, it took 25 posts before someone made a "resolution" joke. Allen, you didn't let me down. :thumb: :rofl:

Give that man a cookie! :D

theres alot of serious dudes on here(and dudettes)

How do I find out my screen resolution? got it, 1024x768, lousy stinkin computer, I typed in what is my screen resolution, and it came out big and clear in a micro of a second.
I typed in what are this weeks lotto numbers, and it sent me to another 4000 sites.

Last edited:
Bought an NEC 26" flat screen a few months ago and really like it. I can get a lot more of an Autocad drawing on it. I run it at 1920x1200. That's much better than my first monitor back in the 70's when I built an IMSAI 8080 computer...that was a little modified b&w tv. Progress...sometimes it's actually good.

Cheers.

Man, it took 25 posts before someone made a "resolution" joke. Allen, you didn't let me down. :thumb: :rofl:

Give that man a cookie! :D

Well... you sounded so serious about that research, and we all wanted to help you, seriously that you got what you asked for:rofl::rofl:

I wonder how to define a resolution on a circular screen

I 'voted' for 1440x900 since that's what this laptop uses, but the big machine upstairs is 1680x1050 IIRC (22" LCD) and the "spare" machine is 1280x1024 (19" LCD).

It's gotten to the point that it feels just plain wrong to look at a 4:3 screen. :eek: