All right who's the doofus...

Art Mulder

... that put the iron-on edge veneer on the BACK edge of the plywood panel instead of the FRONT edge! :mad:

oh right, it was me. :doh:

Sometimes you just need to laugh at yourself.

Hinge mortises in the wrong place, routed profile on the wrong end, curves where there shouldn't be. We've all been there.

I get confused as to whether the "x" is to be covered up or the "x" is to mark the back:dunno::rofl:

That makes it obvious that I have made these kinds of mistakes before.:D

I've never put the veneer on the wrong edge... but then I don't know how to do veneer either, so I guess it equals out...:D:D

And since I can't remember why I put an "X" on the edge either, I've learned to actually right "back" on the part that is to be the back... otherwise***

My biggest problem is I measure, cut, measure again, it's too short, so I cut it off again........ it's STILL too short:(:(

Practicing.... do the back to make sure you have the knack down and ready for the face edge. :thumb: These are dry runs and making ready exercises :D

Yeah how 'bout that there kitchen?

Maybe the better question is... "what else has Doorlink got him doing that is keeping him from the kitchen"

Don't ask. But she's got me doing it *every day*! I keep telling her "all work and no play..." but she never listens. Funny how that works! ;)

If this keeps up, finishing the kitchen will seem like a relief! :doh:

Thanks,

Bill

That's just being silly, when you have hand cut dovetails and found out at the last minute you had the tailboard backwards that you get upset...all that chiseling and for what...firewood!

As someone else said, we have all been there.

My worst mistake, and most dangerous was routing an edge and forgetting to tighten the collet...kind of makes ironing on veener seem small huh?

What about cutting off the tails and not the waste on the dovetails of the last corner of a drawer? I did.

If I loose concentration or if I want to rush I'm sure I'll make a mistake. Somedays one should better sweep the floor of the shop and tidy it.:(:(