What? Another Road Trip?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I decided I can't let Rennie and Al have all the good times out traveling around, so I picked up a new rig last weekend for myself. I figure I'm not working, so I have all the time in the world. I'm planning to hit all 50 states, although admittedly Hawaii is going to be a challenge.

I'll start in a week or so and do the southern states while the weather is cooler, and should make my way up north to see the New York contingent around June, then on up to Travis' place in Maine by about July. (Looking at the map, the whole ride back to Southern California will be downhill, so that part should be easy.) I'm ready to start planning the route now and I'm open to suggestions.

Oh yeah, here's my new rig. It's not nearly as nice as Rennie's, but I'm not bringing the dog, so I don't need the extra room. Also, no real need to have the bicycle hung on the back like Rennie's:

Bicycle Camping.jpg

:wave:

:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can we place orders for one of those. I reckon FEMA will need a few thousand and ......if the economy dont get better soon a lot more of us will be living in those mobile home.:D

I am appalled Vaughn, that you would post such a patently dangerous image. Where is the rider's bike helmet?

I'd like to see you pedal that with Ned, Mark and me in the back.

Is that the model that will meet the 2020 EPA mileage requirements?:D

Just think, if you should find a job along the route, you won't have to commute to work.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Vaughn, you have too much time on your hands. All I know is I wouldn't want to hump that thing across West Virginia.

Pretty neat, though.

Cheers.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You gotta go through New Hampshire to get to Maine so plan on a stop here as well :thumb:

OH, OK, This was a joke..........:eek:
I can just see everyone now who read my reply...Holy Cow, they let this guy play with sharp tools :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I knew the bike camper was a joke (wasn't it?) but I thought the trip was real. Yup, they grow them purty smart up heah in the sticks.
Anyone know metal working? cause I just bought a bridge in Brooklyn wicked cheap. :rolleyes:

Garry, that mini trailer is pretty cool. I like the 360º maneuverability of the tow vehicle. I could see the Ablett family traveling in something like that.

And Bob, you should be proud of the fact that you were the only one playing along and extending your hospitality. ;) :)

Vaughn I reckon i would be dead by the time you made it the Great White North.:rofl:

Hey who said China was the biggest poluter nowadays with cars like that its zero emsissions and no fossil fuels.:huh:

Gary that Beetle RV is something else. I also like the presenter. I wish that kind of character came back to TV. Guess that small RV could make a comeback with the move to small cars. Just not sure todays bodies would handle the load and the forces. Great idea though bit ahead of its time IMHO.:)