It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!

I did a complete reinstall of Mandriva Linux last spring after playing with different distros over the winter. I finally got around to installing windows on virtual box this week. (allows you to run windows inside Linux on a virtual hard drive) Got it all up and running , opened internet exploder and went to download the latest version of sketchup (I keep praying for a native Linux version)

Well it wouldn't download it. said it couldn't find the file or there was a problem with the website. Tried several times over a couple days. Downloaded and installed Firefox and it downloaded just fine :huh: :huh:

won't download google talk or picasa either.
hhhmmmmmmm

Kind of makes you wonder.

Lately I've noticed that the few times I've had to open IE to see something on the web, it takes forever and a day for IE to launch. You'd think if Microsoft was trying to gain a bigger share of the market, they'd put out software that actually runs, huh?

What version of windoze were you running in the virtual window? I wonder if an earlier version would allow the installation? I run a dual boot (2 hard drives)for total segregation. XP pro/ ubuntu. I do have AutoCad so I haven't tried sketchup but have thought about installing it.

Paul
Host OS is Mandriva Spring 2008
Guest OS is Win XP Pro

I'm in the market for a new SATA drive, MB and processor Will probably scavenge together a windoze machine strictly for sketchup.

Overly complex drawings will drag it down. Mostly due till I'm still running a P4 1.3 GHz machine with a gig of memory.

Attachments

• snapshot1.jpg
    snapshot1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 5
  • snapshot2.jpg
    snapshot2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6