Unexpected visitor

I thought I posted this yesterday but I don't see it appearing so I might have done something wrong.

Wildlife around my house is not as exciting as what some of you have, but yesterday night, when I arrived home I found this guy trodling on the pathway.

As they are slow walkers I had plenty of time to fetch the camera and take these shots.

LOML wanted me to kill it, fearing it would go inside the house, but I said if you want it dead do it yourself, besides it keeps the garden clean of snails so...

She sighed, shook her head and went inside, and I thought I could hear a sigh of relief coming from the floor:)

Attachments

• sapo01.jpg
    sapo01.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 29
  • sapo02.jpg
    sapo02.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 33
  • sapo03.jpg
    sapo03.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 38
I thought I posted this yesterday but I don't see it appearing so I might have done something wrong.

Wildlife around my house is not as exciting as what some of you have, but yesterday night, when I arrived home I found this guy trodling on the pathway.

As they are slow walkers I had plenty of time to fetch the camera and take these shots.

LOML wanted me to kill it, fearing it would go inside the house, but I said if you want it dead do it yourself, besides it keeps the garden clean of snails so...

She sighed, shook her head and went inside, and I thought I could hear a sigh of relief coming from the floor:)
Catch him, feed him well, and he can be your trip mascot! Oh, nevermind. You probably couldn't get him on the plane.:rofl:

I like your new pet, Toni. What are you going to name him? Sapo had a nice sound to it. :rofl:

I don't have a shop frog, but my shop does have the lounging lizard. He's on the wall above the doorway in these pics, but I usually see him scurrying around the floor. I think he likes the wood chips around the lathe the most. He's got cousins who live in the wood shavings around my turning blanks outside, too.

Shop Lizard 3.jpg Shop Lizard 2.jpg

Here's one of our frogs, hanging out on the Bird of Paradise plant in the back yard...

BOP Frog 1.jpg BOP Frog 2.jpg

We have another one living in a bromeliad plant the front yard that looks completely different, but he's another little bitty guy like the backyard frog. No pics of him, though.

Sounds like a meal to me. Frog legs taste pretty good...well like everything they taste like all white meat...chicken.

I like your new pet, Toni. What are you going to name him? Sapo had a nice sound to it. :rofl:

I don't have a shop frog, but my shop does have the lounging lizard. He's on the wall above the doorway in these pics, but I usually see him scurrying around the floor. I think he likes the wood chips around the lathe the most. He's got cousins who live in the wood shavings around my turning blanks outside, too.

Vaughn,
I have a gecko that hangs out outside my shop... doesn't ever come in though.. wish he would and eat some of the wasps that I keep having to swat in the shop.... he's too skittish for me to get pictures of... he's usually on the concrete blocks I use for steps and runs when I approach.... he better watch out though, there's also a black snake that lives under the shop... he's about 2 feet long and doesn't want to play either... :dunno: