odd tool

Bill Simpson

Cleaning out some things from My Aunt's house (Long Epic Story) and came across this tool. Keeping in mind that she was an Antique dealer for "ever" .... I haven't a clue....
tool-1.jpg
I know what it does but Why? I used it on a piece of carboard (side of shoe box) and it cuts (popping out a chad) a perfect 1/16" v 3/8" slot in the edge... (?)

tool1.jpg

What is your thoughts or have you ever seen or used one?

Bill I am gonna say it should be used to cut tin. My guess is when you want to bend over the bottom of a piece of tin that has been formed round and a bottom put in then this would cause little tin tabs that could be bent one by one without creasing the edge. The the tin tabs could be soldered on the bottom. Say something like a tin container of sorts. :dunno::huh:

Thats just my guess.:)

Sorry but I think none of you got it right.

Those are rose cutting scissors, you cut the rose and it is held by the scissors until you open them.

They prevent you getting thorns on your fingers or arms if the rose to pic is far away or among others.

Sorry but I think none of you got it right.

Those are rose cutting scissors, you cut the rose and it is held by the scissors until you open them.

They prevent you getting thorns on your fingers or arms if the rose to pic is far away or among others.

By Golly I believe you're right. Just went out and pruned a bud from her rose and it did a most excellant job. Thanks :thumb:

My Lady says "great, I need that" and it is now in her garden box.