For Stu and other SawStop Users

Bill Satko

In Chris Schwarz's blog at Woodworking Magazine they have two videos to show a new guard system and a dusting piping system they rigged up that eliminated all dust from the table saw. Not quite sure what I am seeing there, but thought you might make sense of it.

<< Link >>

Yep, that is VERY cool, Fine Woodworking showed this on July 14th with their coverage of the AWFS Vegas show..

>> LINK <<

I sure hope they come out with one that fits my Industrial Cabinet saw! :thumb:

Now thats what I call innovation and worthwhile technology. This saw is getting more and more attractive and becoming really worth paying for when one evaluates the package. This is a wake up to the other competitors to do some new design and pack it with innovation. These guys deserve success.

Thanks for the heads up Bill. I know if i ever upgrade there will only be one choice for me. Its one of those one time buy and never have to buy again deals.

That man should be shot for doing that demo without a push stick. It is nice to see manufacturers adding the features we have had to add after-market to get good DC. As long as they do a better job than they did with blade guards, we'll probably actually use their versions too ;-)

Even the safety system on the SS is a mechanical thing. Mechanical things can fail. Taking the system for granted is a sure way for someone to eventually suffer a serious injury.
Still the dust thing is a neat innovation.

That man should be shot for doing that demo without a push stick. It is nice to see manufacturers adding the features we have had to add after-market to get good DC. As long as they do a better job than they did with blade guards, we'll probably actually use their versions too ;-)

Im just a bit suprised also in a video made public safety issues are ignored.
Sawstop or no sawstop. Nothing replaces common sense when using powerful machines with blades.(only my opinion)

I agree with you about the push stick, if it is less than 8" wide, I never use just my hand, push stick, or my crude shop made gripper type of thing every time!

Im just a bit suprised also in a video made public safety issues are ignored.
Sawstop or no sawstop. Nothing replaces common sense when using powerful machines with blades.(only my opinion)

In my opinion I see nothing wrong with not using a push stick. The piece between the blade and fence looks about 3 inches wide. I thought people would be more worried about him removing the pieces while the blade was still spinning?

This is probably the first video I've seen on table saws that had the guard on so give them credit for that. Take a look at all the videos on youtube by "expertvillage" and see how bad they are with saftey.

...Take a look at all the videos on youtube by "expertvillage" and see how bad they are with saftey.

Man, you've got that right. I'm tempted to set up a "How Not-To" site that links to various wack job videos on the Web. Unfortunately, I don't think you'd ever run out of fresh material. :rolleyes:

BTW, welcome to the clubhouse, Eric. :wave: