Coffee Table

Hi Guys, here is my first post of some of the work I have done. It's a coffee table (center is stained cherry with maple around the outside). It turned out exactly like I'd hoped, although I know I will probably get raked for staining the cherry :)

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 64
Dawson, that is one beautiful table!!:thumb::thumb:
I like the whole effect. It is your table, you are happy with it, case closed! The should have, would have, could have game will make a person go insane, make it for the person that will use it.

Well, I was getting ready to form a posse so we could chase you down for staining the cherry, but from the comments I'm seeing, I doubt I could get enough members to ride with me. :rofl:

Seriously, that's a great-looking table, and as has been said, if you like the way it looks (I know I do), then just ignore the naysayers. They can go build their own darned tables. :p

Thanks for all the comments guys.

The finish I used was Minwax PolyCrylic (about 6 coats with a light sanding between each). This is water based so it kept the maple light and avoided the ambering effect of oil based finishes. Once that was done, I finished off with a light buff of Paste wax.

Nice, shiney and smooth.:) I'll try to take a few more pictures and post them ... didn't realize there would be so much interest.